ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Monster Cable--really??  (Read 26094 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Monster Cable--really??
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »

You don't need to tell me... I tried to make and sell hifi gear back in the '70s/80s but was ultimately frustrated by the lack of correlation between good performance and good sales. It was world dominated by BS.

JR

That's because you didn't know how to properly motivate the electrons to flow in the center of the conductor via a magnetic field. See below for "Magnetic Conduction" cable hype.  ;D

What is Magnetic Conduction?
Magnetic Conduction is a patented method for signal transfer. The technology was developed by Magnetic Innovations LLC. As implemented by High Fidelity Cables it uniquely offers a magnetic as well as electrically conductive pathway for signal transfer. This technology operates in several ways:

Creating Magnetic Force in the Conductor
To appreciate the impact of Magnetic Conduction technology, it is important to understand that an electrical signal is always accompanied by a magnetic field. It is the use of the magnetic element of signal transfer that makes the CT-1 fundamentally different as a conductor technology. Magnetic Conduction maximizes the magnetic as well as the electrical force.

An electrical signal is strongly motivated to follow a magnetic field, as demonstrated by experiments in which electricity/plasma is attracted or repelled by magnetic fields. Our “Magnetic Mapping” process is used to “align” magnetic poles at each end of the cable in a proprietary and directed way so as to “draw” the electrical signal through the conductor. In effect, we use magnetism to keep the electrical signal flow aligned and to minimize the random pathways for electrons within and along the conductor. In the CT-1, the entire cable is directionally magnetized to promote signal transfer where resistance to the signal is highest and where the greatest losses can take place.

Pre-Applying Magnetic Force to the Input Connector
In the Magnetic Conduction process, we minimize signal distortion, particularly in lower level signals that may otherwise be distorted as a result of resistance in the transfer. By ‘pre-applying’ a magnetic field to the signal cable, Magnetic Conduction preserves the energy that an electrical signal otherwise loses when electrons jump from one ionic core to another, i.e., from a component’s output connector to an interconnects male input connector. This results in more faithful transmission of low-level signal elements.

Enhancing Signal Flow
The PinLok CT-1 connector uses magnetic force to focus the signal into the center of the connector and transfer that signal into the CT-1 conductor. The CT-1 conductor is made from highly permeable alloy that, once attached to the connectors, becomes fully magnetized. The signal then follows this magnetically and electrically conductive pathway. This pathway is magnetically active, as the PinLok RCA at the exit end of the conductor is magnetically “pulling” the signal through the conductor. The magnetic field applied at the input and output connectors controls eddy currents, forcing electrical signals to ‘flow’ in only one direction -- along the magnetic field through the conductor from source to termination. This allows us to use an entirely metallic connector that minimizes eddy currents, improving signal flow.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »

Let me guess the composition of the "highly permeable alloy" is a trade secret?  It would appear that they have managed to discover "negative resistance"-which should prove very useful in power transmsion as well!
Steve Swaffer

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 08:35:32 PM »

So call up one of their marketing "engineers" and ask them to explain impedance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »

So call up one of their marketing "engineers" and ask them to explain impedance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ummmm.... Also how waveguides work at audio frequencies.

The CT-1Us’ connectors have “rare earth” magnets and use an even stronger magnetic center pin that is also pure nickel. Both Neutral Chem and Stabilant 22 are used in the Ultimate connectors. The conductor material itself used in Enhanced and Ultimate Transmission lines is of higher magnetic permeability. The CT-1Us use the “wave guides” in both the speaker and interconnect cables. They are chrome tubes with black caps on the ends with the cabling extended through them on the two top HFCs. The Ultimate speaker cables have sixteen inch “wave-guides.”

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/

Steve.

Thanx for posting this, Steve. I had seen it a few years ago, but lost track of it. I regret the few dollars that I spent on Monster cables before I found out what jerks they were.

Geri O

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:50 AM »

Today, I looked at that cable and it has an arrow with the words "signal flow" pointing to one end. Gee, imagine my surprise when I realized signal only travels in copper one direction.

To be fair, SOME cables have a pushbutton mute switch in one of the connectors to allow the guitarist to unplug without depending on the FOH engineer to mute the channel first. In that case, having the arrows to remind the guitarist which end to plug in where is probably a good thing.

This post reminds me of the "digital ready" headphones (which plug into an analog headphone jack) I see in the local big box stores.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 04:22:29 AM »

This post reminds me of the "digital ready" headphones (which plug into an analog headphone jack) I see in the local big box stores.

They arrived in stores at the same time as the compact disc became available.

Steve.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 04:26:53 AM »

They arrived in stores at the same time as the compact disc became available.

Steve.
along with square cone "digital speakers".

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 12:46:07 PM »

To be fair, SOME cables have a pushbutton mute switch in one of the connectors to allow the guitarist to unplug without depending on the FOH engineer to mute the channel first. In that case, having the arrows to remind the guitarist which end to plug in where is probably a good thing.
Some know their equipment - some need reminders (gawd)  I'll bet the one needing the arrows unplug hot anyway...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:06:00 PM by frank kayser »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

I wrote a magazine column back in the '80s called audio mythology where I debunked the myths du jour, or tried to. Many of them are still kicking around decades later,  which is why I don't like to repeat them even in humor, without bold "THIS IS WRONG" disclaimers. In the course of writing my old column I often bound some small tiny basis or truth behind the big lies.

The directional cable has an explanation for asymmetrical interfaces where the outer shield may only be connected on one end, while I'm not real sure which direction the arrow should point(perhaps toward the lower impedance ground).

I do not find ignorance funny and these snake oil companies are kept alive by consumer ignorance.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.