ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The GLD's RF footprint  (Read 4926 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: The GLD's RF footprint
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »

Besides all the purdy graphs, perhaps the 'real question' in all of this: "How many db above background noise level can one safely operate a wireless mic?  10db? 20db? 30db? 40db?"

It looks like I can possibly place the ew300 on a stand just to the left of the console, in cases where I can't have it on stage.

For the last year or so I have been doing events for a particular customer where I must keep all the electronics inside my trailer to protect the gear.  My GLD is about 24" from the wireless mics and the two amp racks.  For wireless I use either ULXP or MiPro.  In most instances the MiPro seem to be better except in the trailer with the other gear right there.  Generally speaking my range using plain old 1/2 wave antenna is about 100-150' with the ULXP where as I only get about 100' max with the MiPro at these events.  I don't hear any of the RF noise in the system however I can see it on the RX meters.  For high end musical events I would prefer not to have the wireless receivers that close to the console but you do what you have to do.  These ones are just an emcee talking and it is just fine.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »

Did you try measuring close to the Cat5? I was at a manufacturer training seminar (Lectro, maybe - they're doing a lot of Dante) and they recommended shielded Cat5 to keep the RF from radiating.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »

Did you try measuring close to the Cat5? I was at a manufacturer training seminar (Lectro, maybe - they're doing a lot of Dante) and they recommended shielded Cat5 to keep the RF from radiating.

I used unshielded Cat 5 for the connections between the ew300 and the WAP.  dSNake was on the short purple cord that comes with the GLD.  Dante card wasn't connected for these tests.

I didn't explicitly test proximity to Dante and DSnake cables.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.