ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please help to fly out, suspend pa.  (Read 2537 times)

Rick Hash

please help to fly out, suspend pa.
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »

Hi everyone, I need help to find an easy, fast way to suspend a pa. I got prx735, staking them up on the subs does not give them enough height. So I figured flying them out is the solution.
     Here is my thinking. I thought to get a couple of truss crank stands and rig them up using a t-bar. That's the most painless way I could think about.
     I know there are special rigging cranks out there, I worked with a few but I can't find any on the net.

Could anyone suggest something? Thanks everybody.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: please help to fly out, suspend pa.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Hi everyone, I need help to find an easy, fast way to suspend a pa. I got prx735, staking them up on the subs does not give them enough height. So I figured flying them out is the solution.
     Here is my thinking. I thought to get a couple of truss crank stands and rig them up using a t-bar. That's the most painless way I could think about.
     I know there are special rigging cranks out there, I worked with a few but I can't find any on the net.

That you are asking means you are NOT qualified to suspend ANYTHING over people's heads. Rigging and Electrical are the two major points on here that you won't get much help with. They're both in the category of "if you screw up, people can die." Any advice given on here that lead to such a mishap could also put the provider in a legally precarious position.

You need to find a qualified person/company close by and have them assist you in developing a solution.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Rick Hash

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep you posted on my progress with this project.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep you posted on my progress with this project.

They do have integrated rigging points.  I'd say this:

Contact JBL for the documentation you'll need on flying them properly and safely.  Use only approved and listed towers and fly-apparatus.  Do not DIY or jury-rig any part of the assembly.

And buy yourself some good liability insurance.  Anything that is insurable should fill the bill...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »

A couple of points...

1) Get thee hither to JBL - https://www.jblpro.com/pub/technote/tn_v1n14.pdf

2) Follow Mr. Rees advice - exclusively use the materials and methods prescribed by the loudspeaker manufacturer.

There are several types of lifts and hoists that might be used.  The products designed to indefinitely hold a load at height are few (Sumner Eventer, Genie ST series, a couple more), where there are plenty of material lifts with the weight capacity but not the design intent to maintain the lift indefinitely.

For lighter loads there are crank-up poles like the Applied Electronics L13 or more robust L16; other manufacturers have similar models.

Another forum user has built a lift plate to suspend a pair of loudspeakers from such lifts.  I suggest using the forum's provided Search function.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.