ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker with Omnimount 60.0 Mounting Pattern on the Bottom?  (Read 6436 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Speaker with Omnimount 60.0 Mounting Pattern on the Bottom?
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »

Hello, I am doing an install job for a revamping venue that had the sound equipments all stripped when it went out of business years ago, leaving only the speaker wires and wall-mount bracket that proved too difficult to remove.  The wall bracket looks to be Omnimount 60.0 WB wall bracket with the speaker interface plate facing up, hole pattern 70 mm wide x 127 mm long. Is there any speaker out there that has this mounting pattern on the bottom of the speaker?

If not, drill new holes?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:45:49 PM by Sean Chen »
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: Speaker with Omnimount 60.0 Mounting Patter on the Bottom?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »

Hello, I am doing an install job for an revamping venue that had the sound equipments all stripped when it went out of business years ago, leaving only the speaker wires and wall-mount bracket that proved too difficult to remove.  The wall bracket looks to be Omnimount 60.0 WB wall bracket with the speaker interface plate facing up, hole pattern 70 mm wide x 127 mm long. Is there any speaker out there that has this mounting pattern on the bottom of the speaker?

If not, drill new holes?

Thanks.

Not sure about a new speaker with that pattern.  But I would be very cautious about using an existing mount, especially when you're unsure of the history behind it.  If it fails, you're responsible.  Is there another way to mount the speaker(s)?  What would you have done if this mount wasn't already there?  Do that.

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »

Not sure about a new speaker with that pattern.  But I would be very cautious about using an existing mount, especially when you're unsure of the history behind it.  If it fails, you're responsible.  Is there another way to mount the speaker(s)?  What would you have done if this mount wasn't already there?  Do that.

The existing mount appears very secure, with three 3/8" bolts from inside the brickwall. If they don't pass the structural check, I'll do something else.

Thanks for the advise.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

Hello, I am doing an install job for an revamping venue that had the sound equipments all stripped when it went out of business years ago, leaving only the speaker wires and wall-mount bracket that proved too difficult to remove.  The wall bracket looks to be Omnimount 60.0 WB wall bracket with the speaker interface plate facing up, hole pattern 70 mm wide x 127 mm long. Is there any speaker out there that has this mounting pattern on the bottom of the speaker?

If not, drill new holes?

Thanks.

Fulcrum CX series? http://www.fulcrum-acoustic.com/assets/pdf/Spec%20Sheets/Prod%20Spec,%20CX1295%20v11.pdf
Not sure what your budget is, as these aren't cheap and they must be run with a DSP but they sound great.

Jason

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:58 PM »

Fulcrum CX series? http://www.fulcrum-acoustic.com/assets/pdf/Spec%20Sheets/Prod%20Spec,%20CX1295%20v11.pdf
Not sure what your budget is, as these aren't cheap and they must be run with a DSP but they sound great.

Jason

Yes, that is out of client's budget. I got a pair of different style arm Omnimount 60.0 WA that will work with Yorkville C12 with same mounting pattern on the back.
Pristine Audio
www.pristine-audio.com

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
Re: Speaker with Omnimount 60.0 Mounting Pattern on the Bottom?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »

Hello, I am doing an install job for a revamping venue that had the sound equipments all stripped when it went out of business years ago, leaving only the speaker wires and wall-mount bracket that proved too difficult to remove.  The wall bracket looks to be Omnimount 60.0 WB wall bracket with the speaker interface plate facing up, hole pattern 70 mm wide x 127 mm long. Is there any speaker out there that has this mounting pattern on the bottom of the speaker?

If not, drill new holes?

Thanks.

The only time I have used those WB bottom-attached mounts were for Community CPL-47s, which are now a discontinued line. Current Communities would use the WA back-mounted series.
Note that Omnimount has discontinued the larger speaker mounts (anything over 25 lbs). There are other brands that use similar hole patterns. But you can't get those Omnimounts new anymore.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:50:55 PM »

The only time I have used those WB bottom-attached mounts were for Community CPL-47s, which are now a discontinued line. Current Communities would use the WA back-mounted series.
Note that Omnimount has discontinued the larger speaker mounts (anything over 25 lbs). There are other brands that use similar hole patterns. But you can't get those Omnimounts new anymore.
Any names on other brands? The only one I've found was Adaptech (FA pointed them out). But these are ceiling only; I need wall-mount. I could build my own modification for a ceiling mount version, but would prefer a one-piece solution like Ominimounts.
http://www.adapttechgroup.com/multimount_c.html

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

Any names on other brands? The only one I've found was Adaptech (FA pointed them out). But these are ceiling only; I need wall-mount. I could build my own modification for a ceiling mount version, but would prefer a one-piece solution like Ominimounts.
http://www.adapttechgroup.com/multimount_c.html

I have not researched this much. I did get pointed to a UK company called Power Drive Mounts. http://mypowerdrive.com/
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.