ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumper between 2 S16's  (Read 1490 times)

bruce gering

Jumper between 2 S16's
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

Hello boys and girls. In looking at the S16 tutorial video, it appears that I can link 2 S16's together and send the info down 1 single Cat5e cable to an X32. What do use and where can I get a small Cat5e jumper to go between 2 S16's? GC's shortest length is 10'...way too much. i think 18" would be way more than enough.

-TIA

Nick Davis

Re: Jumper between 2 S16's
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:30 PM »

Hello boys and girls. In looking at the S16 tutorial video, it appears that I can link 2 S16's together and send the info down 1 single Cat5e cable to an X32. What do use and where can I get a small Cat5e jumper to go between 2 S16's? GC's shortest length is 10'...way too much. i think 18" would be way more than enough.

-TIA

Just look on line - e.g amazon has vendors for short length shielded Cat5/6 - but also best to get ethercons for each end. But also can be useful to have a longer lead as well depending upon whether you want to have the stage boxes together or on separate sides of the stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »

Just look on line - e.g amazon has vendors for short length shielded Cat5/6 - but also best to get ethercons for each end. But also can be useful to have a longer lead as well depending upon whether you want to have the stage boxes together or on separate sides of the stage.

STP CAT5e, with Ethercon connectors bonded to the shield drain.  Period.  Behringer's folks have said this over and over and over and over and over and over... or at least since the ESD problem became public. ;)

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »

-TIA

If both S16 are in the same rack, then yes a short CAT5e STP jumper will do.  I'd suggest buying another 50' run in case you want to split the S16s to either side of the stage.

Note that all CAT5e cables MUST BE SHIELDED and have Ethercon connectors installed so that the connector shells are part of the shield drain connection.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.