ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio power from quiet generator?  (Read 18021 times)

Sean Lehman

Re: Audio power from quiet generator?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

I have two of the 3000is gennies. If you hit the over-current protection you can not reset it without turning the gennie off and restarting. The breakers will only go if there is a short. I have had issues with running to close to capacity and a sudden bass note throws it into overload.

Hey Steve,  hmmmm...Yeah the power came back on each time if it was going into overload, does this make sense even though we didn't reset it.  If so, then i guess if we shut it off and turned it back on we would of been a go since we dropped the load on the genny.

I was not interconnecting generators and was treating it as two separate circuits.  Unfortunately this was all i had access too. 

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »

Hey Steve,  hmmmm...Yeah the power came back on each time if it was going into overload, does this make sense even though we didn't reset it.  If so, then i guess if we shut it off and turned it back on we would of been a go since we dropped the load on the genny.

I was not interconnecting generators and was treating it as two separate circuits.  Unfortunately this was all i had access too.

A logical guess given your description of the conditions is that you were either running a lot more draw than you undestand or you were actually operating the generator in "eco" mode.

Of course, if you had provided complete information all at one time instead of random bits of vague and undocumented observations over a series of posts we'd have more of a clue.

In the absence of actual information and measurements I'll just say Operator Error.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »

How about the amps were shutting down from low voltage after all the life was sucked out of the generator by a bass hit?  They then reset and recovered after the voltage came back up.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 08:14:40 AM »

... After that the gig was fine. We weren't running very loud though,  it was just a 5k run with a church band playing CCM...

The band was playing hockey music?
Mark McFarlane

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »

The band was playing hockey music?

I didn't realize CCM was even related to hockey.... I was referring to contemporary christian music.  :)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »

I didn't realize CCM was even related to hockey.... I was referring to contemporary christian music.  :)
Wow. The first set of skates that daddy didn't buy me were CCM Super Tacks, Used them for a couple of years, then moved on to the Lange solid boots. - Anyone remember them ?? If you skated rough enough, the rivits holding the blades to the boot would pull out. Off to warranty land !
I wasn't even a hockey player, but I did plenty of skating and X-country skiing.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »

I knew what you meant Tommy, I play regularly in a half dozen Christian bands.  Still, when I saw CCM it brought back fond childhood memories of playing hockey all winter, wherever we could find a patch of ice: a nearby lake, the streets, someone's flooded backyard (sump pump overflow from a basement),... I never could skate great so I played goalie (and shortstop).
Mark McFarlane

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 02:14:12 PM »

I knew what you meant Tommy, I play regularly in a half dozen Christian bands.  Still, when I saw CCM it brought back fond childhood memories of playing hockey all winter, wherever we could find a patch of ice: a nearby lake, the streets, someone's flooded backyard (sump pump overflow from a basement),... I never could skate great so I played goalie (and shortstop).

:-) Here in East Texas anything involving ice skating is something we watch on TV.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »

:-) Here in East Texas anything involving ice skating is something we watch on TV.

We got to watch it on the news - every time there is ice or snow in Texas, driving becomes a spectator sport.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »

We got to watch it on the news - every time there is ice or snow in Texas, driving becomes a spectator sport.

Yep, we had some of that a few weeks ago... I was pretty much stuck at the house for 2 days. I got my car stuck in the yard on the ice; couldn't get any traction.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.