ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio power from quiet generator?  (Read 18187 times)

Sean Lehman

Re: Audio power from quiet generator?
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »

That would have been the "over-current" protection kicking in when the draw exceeded the output capacity.

Question:

Were you perhaps running the unit(s) in "eco-throttle" mode?

eco throttle was off on both units

Sean Lehman

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »

Where did you see that?  If that's the really case, your ITech would only be drawing maybe 3 amps - -20dB is 1% of full rated power, and should be more than fine..  What else was running?

I did a show last fall on an EU3000 with two ITechHD12K with no issues.  Idle current was about 7 amps for the two ITHDs plus my board.  Light show volume made almost no difference.

That's what the green led's were indicating on the itech.  Here's everything we were running.  We ended up shutting off the KW181s and still had issues. honda 3000----> furman power  studiolive---->driverack pa---->itech 400----ch 1-->2 VRX 932
                                                                                                ch 2-->2 VRX 932
other generator ran band power

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »

eco throttle was off on both units

Wire type/gauge/ length of run, please.

Amp bridged?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Sean Lehman

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:25 PM »

Wire type/gauge/ length of run, please.

Amp bridged?

cbi 12 awg nl4.  50 to 75 foot runs

12 awg 30 ft. from generator then to furman

In stereo mode.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 04:20:01 PM »

cbi 12 awg nl4.  50 to 75 foot runs

12 awg from generator then to furman

Are you telling us that your amp as plugged into a Furman power strip?  If so, which one?  Maybe a common 15 amp power strip handling FOH and power amp?

What length of AC cable run?

You should not (ever) be running power amps through a Furman (or any other) rack-mount "power conditioner"...

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

That's what the green led's were indicating on the itech.  Here's everything we were running.  We ended up shutting off the KW181s and still had issues. honda 3000----> furman power  studiolive---->driverack pa---->itech 400----ch 1-->2 VRX 932
                                                                                                ch 2-->2 VRX 932
other generator ran band power
Those LEDs only represent input signal - output signal can be much greater than that.  The accurate place to look is in System Architect, or to change the metering on the amp.  I suspect you were running hotter than you thought you were.

Sean Lehman

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »

The power originally was first in line to band power before we starting moving things around and furman was last in line.  I thought of moving it off the furman but didn't think that was the issue given our setup. 

Also there was 2 srm 350s and 1 other small monitor

Are you telling us that your amp as plugged into a Furman power strip?  If so, which one?  Maybe a common 15 amp power strip handling FOH and power amp?

What length of AC cable run?

You should not (ever) be running power amps through a Furman (or any other) rack-mount "power conditioner"...

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »

The power originally was first in line to band power before we starting moving things around and furman was last in line.  I thought of moving it off the furman but didn't think that was the issue given our setup. 

Also there was 2 srm 350s and 1 other small monitor

Sean...

This is getting tiresome.  You need to list ALL units drawing power, the order in which they are connected and ALL brand/model #'s.

My current best guess is that everything was connected through the Furman and it was a 15 amp power strip.

Sean Lehman

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

Sean...

This is getting tiresome.  You need to list ALL units drawing power, the order in which they are connected and ALL brand/model #'s.

My current best guess is that everything was connected through the Furman PL Plus C and it was a 15 amp power strip.

Everything connected to the furman = laptop, studiolive, itech 4000. 

Originally we had a kw 181, mackie srm 350, pedalboard, fender deville and black star ht 20 on the honda 2000.
Honda 3000 =  kw 181, mackie srm 350, kustom kpc monitor, 2 pedalboards, trace elliot bass head then the above listed connected the furman last in the chain from generator. 

I don't know what the final changes were with the order.  Subs ended up being shut down. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:23:21 PM by Sean Lehman »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

Everything connected to the furman = laptop, studiolive, itech 4000. 

Originally we had a kw 181, mackie srm 350, pedalboard, fender deville and black star ht 20 on the honda 2000.
Honda 3000 =  kw 181, mackie srm 350, kustom kpc monitor, 2 pedalboards, then the above listed connectecd the furman last in the chain from generator. 

I don't know what the final changes were with the order.  Subs ended up being shut down.

Yes, but WHAT FURMAN....dammit.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.