ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 2162 times)

Jan Duwe

Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:54 am »

Dear Brian, Dan, Tommy, James, Tim,

There is a remarkable 47 posts and yet only little factual clarity. Taking full responsibility for the  'Scene 00' and the new, expanded show control ideas, which I still consider an extremely useful detail, I'd like to share my understanding of the concerns you rose.

• Neither X32 fw V1.15, nor V2.02 loads any scenes while starting up
  • Upon booting, X32 returns to the exact, last stored temporary state it was in before the power cycle
  • When the last stored state includes a stored or loaded scene, than that scene number will be displayed in the top status bar
  • Saving all (apprx. 10k) parameters to flash, is done by a background process and may take up to two minutes worst-case; or 5s when Safe Shutdown by pressing HOME is used
  • Before doing the update from V1.15 to V2.02 we recommend saving the current state to a scene and then exporting the show with all scenes to a USB stick
  • V1.15 scenes and shows can of course be read from V2.02, as promised
  • The new expanded show management comprises 500 Cues, 100 Scenes, 100 Snippets
  • Depending on your preferences you may associate the prev/next/undo/go buttons and the display numbers with either one of the three Cues/Scenes/Snippets. See Setup/global preference
  • Scene 00 is exactly the same as all the other 100 scenes, with the sole special property of ignoring any and all of the global parameter and channel safes. E.g. you may use it for saving a complete default setup, including the patching/routing for your venue, while keeping the safes active. When bands or external engineers come to your place, they may load their own scenes, without messing with your local setup.
  • The X32 Edit app for PC/Mac/Linux is on its way. We currently target end of March for release. However, you can still use the 'old' X32 Edit 1.2 without synchronizing console/app.
  • The X32 Mix iPad app is likely to be released tomorrow, Wednesday. Due to Apple's policy regarding iOS5 devices, we can only get it approved for iOS 6 or 7 devices; hence iPad 1 will not be supported any longer, much to my regrets.

We found however, that the current display of the last stored scene number and name in V2.02 should be changed back to the way it was in V1.15. It will however remain depending on your preference regarding the show controls: cues/scenes/snippets, as mentioned above. We will amend this within 2.03, very soon.

Best,
Jan Duwe

Senior Engineer Conceptualization
Music Group Services EU GmbH
Jan Duwe
Senior Engineer Conceptualiztation
MUSIC-GROUP Innovation DE GmbH

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:20 am »

I have posted nothing in the referenced thread that contradicts your statements.  Note that I did not state that the X32 returns to a different state, only that my opinion is that every desk *should* return to its prior state, and that was in response to other posts.  Dan M has found his 'pilot error' and edited his post accordingly...

Dear Brian, Dan, Tommy, James, Tim,

There is a remarkable 47 posts and yet only little factual clarity. Taking full responsibility for the  'Scene 00' and the new, expanded show control ideas, which I still consider an extremely useful detail, I'd like to share my understanding of the concerns you rose.

• Neither X32 fw V1.15, nor V2.02 loads any scenes while starting up
  • Upon booting, X32 returns to the exact, last stored temporary state it was in before the power cycle
  • When the last stored state includes a stored or loaded scene, than that scene number will be displayed in the top status bar
  • Saving all (apprx. 10k) parameters to flash, is done by a background process and may take up to two minutes worst-case; or 5s when Safe Shutdown by pressing HOME is used
  • Before doing the update from V1.15 to V2.02 we recommend saving the current state to a scene and then exporting the show with all scenes to a USB stick
  • V1.15 scenes and shows can of course be read from V2.02, as promised
  • The new expanded show management comprises 500 Cues, 100 Scenes, 100 Snippets
  • Depending on your preferences you may associate the prev/next/undo/go buttons and the display numbers with either one of the three Cues/Scenes/Snippets. See Setup/global preference
  • Scene 00 is exactly the same as all the other 100 scenes, with the sole special property of ignoring any and all of the global parameter and channel safes. E.g. you may use it for saving a complete default setup, including the patching/routing for your venue, while keeping the safes active. When bands or external engineers come to your place, they may load their own scenes, without messing with your local setup.
  • The X32 Edit app for PC/Mac/Linux is on its way. We currently target end of March for release. However, you can still use the 'old' X32 Edit 1.2 without synchronizing console/app.
  • The X32 Mix iPad app is likely to be released tomorrow, Wednesday. Due to Apple's policy regarding iOS5 devices, we can only get it approved for iOS 6 or 7 devices; hence iPad 1 will not be supported any longer, much to my regrets.

We found however, that the current display of the last stored scene number and name in V2.02 should be changed back to the way it was in V1.15. It will however remain depending on your preference regarding the show controls: cues/scenes/snippets, as mentioned above. We will amend this within 2.03, very soon.

Best,
Jan Duwe

Senior Engineer Conceptualization
Music Group Services EU GmbH
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:20 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.