ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Tannoy's live production stuff  (Read 1619 times)

Ross Macafee

• Noise Gate Audio
Thoughts on Tannoy's live production stuff
« on: March 20, 2014, 01:41:36 PM »

I've got a line on 12 Tannoy t300s for $125 each (don't have to buy all). They're a biampable 12".  Been a long time since I heard or heard anything about Tannoy and almost certain I've never heard the t300s. Only really heard their studio monitoring with decent results.  Thoughts??

Currently in my sound company we've got a 8/8 EAW 850 system, 4/4 EAW 650/528 system, and then a few powered systems from EV and QSC.  Would this be on par or better? If decent drivers, etc, they're bi-amped so we could use em for monitors for one of our systems.  Anyway, just curious thoughts and couldn't find any noteworthy feedback on the web.  Thanks!

-Ross
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:04:59 PM by Ross Macafee »

gordonmcgregor

Re: Thoughts on Tannoy's live production stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »

I've got a line on 12 Tannoy t300s for $125 each (don't have to buy all). They're a biampable 12".  Been a long time since I heard or heard anything about Tannoy and almost certain I've never heard the t300s. Only really heard their studio monitoring with decent results.  Thoughts??

Currently in my sound company we've got a 8/8 EAW 850 system, 4/4 EAW 650/528 system, and then a few powered systems from EV and QSC.  Would this be on par or better? If decent drivers, etc, they're bi-amped so we could use em for monitors for one of our systems.  Anyway, just curious thoughts and couldn't find any noteworthy feedback on the web.  Thanks!

-Ross

The Superdual driver in those things is related to the bigger studio monitors you may have heard, it's supposed to be more robust than the earlier dual concentric drivers though that ain't saying much.
That said they make very good speakers for accoustic music and they are excellent monitors for lower level stages, they are compact and not too heavy, if you follow the specs on the sheet and are reasonably careful they do as they say no more no less, at that price buy them and amp them with the little LabGruppen amp it has settings in it that will be a good start point not worth bi-amping them the internal crossover does a good enough job, the bumps in the response around 1.2 and 1.7 k are a physical issue with the driver and are part of the "Tannoy" sound and are near enough impossible to "eq" out without messing up the overall sound .
 I live near the factory and these things are common in schools etc and survive fine there as long as nobody is silly with their expectations I have fitted some in churches as well and have had good results, here's a spec sheet
http://warehousesound.com/tant300.htm G

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Thoughts on Tannoy's live production stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.