ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electro Voice UCC1  (Read 6410 times)

Michael Creviston

Electro Voice UCC1
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:53:32 AM »

I apologize if i'm posting this in the wrong area (i've been reading these forums for a while, but i'm brand new to posting).

I recently purchased a rack of Dynacord H Series amps with the RCM-26 cards. I have a PC setup with IRIS-Net, and all i'm missing is the EV UCC1 "dongle". EV wants $900 for this piece. I've been told that all it is, is a CAN-USB interface. Does anyone know if any CAN-to-USB interface will work with these amps?

I spent all of this money on these amps and RCM cards... and I still can't control the amps without this (UCC1). I just hate the thought of spending another $900 on this unit, if a $150 CAN-to-USB dongle will work the same.  :-\

Any help would be appreciated. My I-Tech friends are laughing at me  :o

Thanks guys.

Tim Woodworth

• Intellasound Productions
Re: Electro Voice UCC1
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:06 AM »

$900.00 is MSRP. You should pay considerably less than that.  You will pay more than $150.00, but it will work correctly. If you made the investment in the amps and RCM-26s, then finish your package correctly. Why would you want to risk issues with a cheaper alternative? I mean it is your systems controller, and that is not where I would try and save some money, after the fact that I purchased the amps, and cards to go with the UCC-1. If you are in the States and need a quote on an UCC-1 let me know ( [email protected] )and I will get you a quote.
Tim Woodworth
Intellasound Productions
Verona, WI

Michael Creviston

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:26 AM »

Tim,

I hear ya. I've also thought of the fact that I could be "risking" something with an alternative. I just wasn't sure if someone knew of one that has worked (and worked well). My mindset was along the lines of (for example) lighting dongles. We own Martin's DMX dongles (paying full price), but we also have the "knock-off" as a backup. They both work the same, and both have never given us any issues. I wasn't sure if there was something that would work for the UCC1 in the same way.

I'll send you an email. I would like so see what kind of price you can offer. We are only about 4 hours from you. Our companies have actually worked along side of each other at one point (Dane County Fair 2009).

Thanks for your input!

$900.00 is MSRP. You should pay considerably less than that.  You will pay more than $150.00, but it will work correctly. If you made the investment in the amps and RCM-26s, then finish your package correctly. Why would you want to risk issues with a cheaper alternative? I mean it is your systems controller, and that is not where I would try and save some money, after the fact that I purchased the amps, and cards to go with the UCC-1. If you are in the States and need a quote on an UCC-1 let me know ( [email protected] )and I will get you a quote.

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

Since canbus is pretty much a universal standard the EV amps work with any decent canbus-convertor. The tricky part is Irisnet, this piece of software doesn't recognize any other device than EV's own UCC1. But there's hope! The UCC1 is a rebadged device from Peak, IPEH-002022.

Get this convertor from ebay and plug it in to your computer. When windows asks for a driver, point to the one supplied within Irisnet. It's located in Programdata\EVI audio\Drivers\PEAKCAN. If you use this driver Irisnet will think it's a UCC1.

Next is the convertor for the convertor. EV uses RJ45 plugs, PeakCan has a DB9.
DB9 pinout:
1. NC or 5V DC( do not connect if 5V!)
2. Can Low
3. Can GND
4. NC
5. NC
6. Can High
7. Can GND
8. NC
9. NC or 5V DC( do not connect if 5V!)

EV RJ45 Pinout:
1. NC
2. Can GND
3. NC
4. Can High
5. Can Low
6. NC
7. Monitor + (not necessary for can)
8. Monitor - (not necessary for can)

Daniel Cotton

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

I have tried and tested this solution using the products listed below.  however i used the remains of an old UCC1 for the 15 pin to RJ 45 adapter.  Works a treat.

Dan

Since canbus is pretty much a universal standard the EV amps work with any decent canbus-convertor. The tricky part is Irisnet, this piece of software doesn't recognize any other device than EV's own UCC1. But there's hope! The UCC1 is a rebadged device from Peak, IPEH-002022.

Get this convertor from ebay and plug it in to your computer. When windows asks for a driver, point to the one supplied within Irisnet. It's located in Programdata\EVI audio\Drivers\PEAKCAN. If you use this driver Irisnet will think it's a UCC1.

Next is the convertor for the convertor. EV uses RJ45 plugs, PeakCan has a DB9.
DB9 pinout:
1. NC or 5V DC( do not connect if 5V!)
2. Can Low
3. Can GND
4. NC
5. NC
6. Can High
7. Can GND
8. NC
9. NC or 5V DC( do not connect if 5V!)

EV RJ45 Pinout:
1. NC
2. Can GND
3. NC
4. Can High
5. Can Low
6. NC
7. Monitor + (not necessary for can)
8. Monitor - (not necessary for can)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.