ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha QL Series  (Read 2839 times)

Jacob Robinson

Yamaha QL Series
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:25 AM »

I know there is a similar thread out on PSW and SF, but neither of those threads really cater to church applications.

So what do you think about the new consoles?

Personally I think they look great! and it appears that they will "sound" as good as the CL series.  And coming from someone who uses an LS9 every weekend it sure would be a welcomed upgrade.  But then I read the price and I just don't see how it fits into the market.  With a list price of $16.5k it just seems really overpriced when that doesn't even include any external stage boxes.  I dunno it has a lot of nice features, but I can't really see a church dropping 15k for a 32 channel mixer.  I realize that it expands to 64 easily, but those RIO boxes aren't cheap!

Put your thoughts in, let's get this thread rolling!  ;D

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha QL Series
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »

I know there is a similar thread out on PSW and SF, but neither of those threads really cater to church applications.

So what do you think about the new consoles?

Personally I think they look great! and it appears that they will "sound" as good as the CL series.  And coming from someone who uses an LS9 every weekend it sure would be a welcomed upgrade.  But then I read the price and I just don't see how it fits into the market.  With a list price of $16.5k it just seems really overpriced when that doesn't even include any external stage boxes.  I dunno it has a lot of nice features, but I can't really see a church dropping 15k for a 32 channel mixer.  I realize that it expands to 64 easily, but those RIO boxes aren't cheap!

Put your thoughts in, let's get this thread rolling!  ;D
List of $16,499-- but sounds like street price on the QL5 will be right around $13,166. Comparable sound to the CLs, of course, with a lot of the same internal architecture-- but with peer to peer connections, Dugan auto-mixing built in, 32x16 i/o (like your LS9-32), but Dante also built in-- it can replace your LS9 just fine right now, and gives you the ability to upgrade to a digital snake and stage boxes when you are ready to do it.

For a church that might be running a bunch of inputs, congregation, choir, etc, the dugan auto mixing will be nice to help keep those mics managed.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha QL Series
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.