ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75190 times)

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2014, 05:05:50 PM »

I do not know what SD is used in the X32, but any decent SD will not only support -10,000 cycles of raw write cycles; it will also be supported by TRIM raising that number to what essentially equates to forever for the trivial amount of file I/O the X32 does.

... and either way it is easily field-replaceable in half an hour.

Jan Duwe

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »

Dear X32 users,

I am happy to announce the availability of some firmware and application software updates, which have even been praised by secret littles birds, recently. ::) We just got Apple's approval for X32-Mix v2.2. And I suppose it will be available in the iTunes store tonight. We are also busy uploading the corresponding firmware update v2.04 concurrently with all updates of X32-Edit 2.0 (Win/MacOSX/Linux) to our website. I have copied some of the respective release info here below, fyr.

The software versions mentioned above are working together and we recommend updating all of them. There is no guarantee that older firmware would work with the new apps, nor the other way around. The only exception being unfortunately iPad 1 users, who have no choice but keeping the old app and staying with console firmware 1.15.

Please be aware that we strongly recommend backing up the internal data of the X32 console on a USB thumbdrive, before upgrading to the new firmware. The upgrade process may reorganize the internal memory and erase all previous show/scene data. Restoring old show/scene data from USB on the new firmware is no problem, however.

The Version 2.0 firmware includes a number of channel, effects and routing presets that were contributed by famous X32 artists. These will be loaded when initializing the console's internal library. Make sure you have saved your own presets on USB or via X32-Edit, before you initialize the library!

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Jan

FirmwareVersion 2.04 (25 April 2014)
Note that V 2.04 is required for using the new X32-Edit 2.0 on PC/Mac/Linux computers and for the
X32-Mix 2.2 on Apple iPads (iOS 6 or 7). Notes
Improvements:
• Fix for prev/next buttons (decrement) and GO led
• Disable midi remote encoder/button when remote is disabled
• Fix for showfile import(snippet_idx offset)
• New import/export buttons for scenes and snippets
• Improved OSC server features
• Screen flicker during scene loading fixed
New Features:
• New Mix parameter in channel compressor pages allows for parallel (New York~) compression in every channel or bus
• Actual RTA source displayed on screen
• Transmission of RTA meter data over OSC

X32-Edit Version 2.0
X32-Edit V2.0 is a major update and has been re-coded in many aspects, specifically those related to
supporting the new 2.0 console firmware functions. It is providing remote access and metering for
the vast majority of the 2.0 feature set, including support for new Cue-Scene-Snippet management,
remote RTA display, support of all new effects programs and routing options, as well as control over the
new expansion cards, X-ADAT, X-DANTE and X-MADI. However, we are aware that there are some 2.0
details intended to be addressed with the next update.
New Features:
• Full compatibility with X32 console firmware V2.04 or higher
• Firmware V1.15 and V2.0 Scenes, Cues and Snippets can be managed on the console and
on the PC
• Remote editing of all new V2.0 Effects, such as Room, Rich Chamber and Rich Plate reverbs,
Rhythm and Modulation delays, Dimensional Chorus, Leisure-, Ultimo- and Fair-Compressors,
Multiband Combinator, Xtec EQ1 and EQ5, Sub Octaver, Edison EX1+ and Sound Maxer
• Remote display of the console’s RTA metering
• Configuration pages for all new X32 expansion cards, X-ADAT, X-DANTE and X-MADI
Improvements:
• Countless improvements of server communication and graphics routines
Requirements:
X32 console firmware V2.04 or higher to be installed on the console!
• X32 Edit for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system software
• X32 Edit for Mac OSX 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9 operating system software
• X32 Edit for Linux operating system software, tested with Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine

X32-Mix Version 2.2
• Full compatibility with X32 console firmware V2.04 or higher
• Firmware V1.15 and V2.0 Scenes can be transferred
• Full remote editing of all new V2.0 Effects, such as Room, Rich Chamber and Rich Plate reverbs,
Rhythm and Modulation delays, Dimensional Chorus, Leisure-, Ultimo- and Fair-Compressors,
Multiband Combinator, Xtec EQ1 and EQ5, Sub Octaver, Edison EX1+ and Sound Maxer
Note: GUI support for new X32 expansion cards and specific V2.0 features, such as RTA,
XLR-Out Routing, Snippet and Cue lists, will be implemented in X32-Mix V2.3
Improvements:
General performance improvements and countless small fixes
Requirements:
Compatible with iPadฎ version 2 and New iPadฎ featuring iOS 6 or higher. Requires a wireless router
connected to X32 (fw v.2.04 min.)
Jan Duwe
Senior Engineer Conceptualiztation
MUSIC-GROUP Innovation DE GmbH

James A. Griffin

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »

That's great news Jan.   I'll be updating all today.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »

New Features:
• New Mix parameter in channel compressor pages allows for parallel (New York~) compression in every channel or bus

Very nice!

James A. Griffin

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2014, 09:40:36 AM »

The link to 2.04 doesn't work for me.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

We are also busy uploading the corresponding firmware update v2.04 concurrently with all updates of X32-Edit 2.0 (Win/MacOSX/Linux) to our website.

Me either.  Maybe they're still updating the website.  Those things take time sometimes.

Unrelated but as a software developer by day, it's interesting to note the the X32-Edit executable for Windows went from 19MB to 7MB with this latest release.

GregBass

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »

Right click on download link and use "save link as". Worked for me.

Greg

James A. Griffin

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »

Right click on download link and use "save link as". Worked for me.

Greg

Bingo.  Thanks Greg

Whoops!  Spoke too soon.    It appeared to be downloading, but then got error message "Failed - No File"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:45:45 AM by James A. Griffin »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber