ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75183 times)

Brian Wynn

Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »

RE the scenes / state - I actually would want the console to be restored to the last  state it was actually in and not the last state saved to a scene - this makes more and total sense

Agreed.  But it doesn't do that if it power cycles in less that 2 minutes.  That been my point all along.

Nick Davis

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »

Agreed.  But it doesn't do that if it power cycles in less that 2 minutes.  That been my point all along.
Ok a bit of a bummer if you have just done lots of changes before the state is stored / or you managed to save them to a scene.... but realistically this is more likely to be a bad coincidence of events. What would be a real bummer is if the power cycle reverted to the last saved scene - so thank goodness it does not do that. Although, as you go along always a good idea to save changes to a scene - especially if altering processing settings - easy to forget sometimes - so how it currently works is fine... whether there is some sort of processing restriction for only having the state saved every 1 to 2 minutes I don't know.

But luckily have not had an unforeseen outage yet .... mind you I do use a psu.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »

What would be a real bummer is if the power cycle reverted to the last saved scene - so thank goodness it does not do that.

That's exactly what it does when you lose power when less than 2 minutes have elapsed since your last scene change.

Since that doesn't seem to be sinking in, let me say it another way:

Show runs along fine, scenes/cues change fine.

Change to Scene 42.

Stay in Scene 42 for 5 minutes.

Change to Scene 43.

Stay in Scene 43 for one minute.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Hey, you are in Scene 42.

Get it now?

Edit: Better yet, you're doing a fast moving theatrical production.

Scene 1 lasts 1 minute.

Scene 2 is only 45 seconds.

Scene 3 is a minute and a half.

Scene 4 is 1 minute.

Etc, etc, etc.

Scene 20 lasts 30 seconds.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Hey, you're in Scene 1.

Edit March 21: I no longer think the console does this, although it did it several times before I wrote this. It's worse. See later posts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:24:55 AM by Dan Mortensen »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

And this is what I wish the Behringer folks were paying attention to.

YAMAHA and every other digi mixer on the planet can do this.  Why NOT the x32?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Wynn

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2014, 09:12:55 PM »

That's exactly what it does when you lose power when less than 2 minutes have elapsed since your last scene change.

Change to Scene 42.

Change to Scene 43.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Get it now?

Scene 1 lasts 1 minute.

Scene 4 is 1 minute.

Etc, etc, etc.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Hey, you're in Scene 1.

Thank You    Exactly my point.  Even the guy from Behringer pointed it out in his post.  Yet they seem to think its not a problem?  WTF!!  It's truly amazing that some people on here don't get it or try and band-aid the problem by using a battery backup.  The fact is Behringer needs to fix the issue to match every other console in the industry!!! 

Uwe Riemer

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2014, 05:00:40 AM »

Thank You    Exactly my point.  Even the guy from Behringer pointed it out in his post.  Yet they seem to think its not a problem?  WTF!!  It's truly amazing that some people on here don't get it or try and band-aid the problem by using a battery backup.  The fact is Behringer needs to fix the issue to match every other console in the industry!!!

Since the invention of the WWW the world turned into a better place, more precisely into a candy store.
We can now whine and beg and moan until we get what we want.

Unfortunately Im old enough to remember, how it was done before:
I picked a tool based on the pros and cons, enjoyed the pros and worked around the limits.

One limit of this specific console is the way the temporary memory is handled, and Im sure the behringer engineers choose this solely to annoy me, but hey I can simply go out and buy a UPS,
sorry behringer fail, try again to annoy me,

e.g. you could build a console which reacts slow to fader movements or maybe does not update the UI screen immediately, for whatever reason I dont care,
because remember the world now is a candy store

Uwe
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:02:59 AM by Uwe Riemer »

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2014, 11:09:24 AM »

but realistically this is more likely to be a bad coincidence of events.

But luckily have not had an unforeseen outage yet .... mind you I do use a psu.

Of course, the fact that it needs to be a bad coincidence of events means that it's almost guaranteed to happen!

Nick Davis

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2014, 01:42:44 PM »

Change to Scene 42.

Change to Scene 43.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Get it now?

Scene 1 lasts 1 minute.

Scene 4 is 1 minute.

Etc, etc, etc.

Power goes out.

Power comes back on.

Hey, you're in Scene 1.

I see what you say - and I must really check this out - but are you in fact just reverting to the last saved state ( which for you was the previous scene you were on)? - so say

you are on scene 1 for 5 mins + during that time make a minor change - say after after 2 mins - e.g.  to a fader level - but do not save it to that scene ( as only temporary) - this should be saved as your last state

you then go to scene 2 and after 30 secs the power goes (& the new state was not saved) - on reboot you should come back to the last state i.e. the settings you had in scene 1 + your slight adjustment  ( the last saved state).

( + If I were you get a ups if you haven't already -like a server if a critical system it needs one)

Perhaps a request for v3 - option in global settings to revert to last saved state or last scene loaded ( obviously minus any changes not saved)

well will check it out when time - and maybe have to eat my hat - but that is my understanding and certainly how it seems to work when I power up the console - e.g. today I powered up and had settings I had quickly done for processing a recording last night - which I had forgot to save to a scene - well I was fiddling about and went to another scene to look at something - and then suddenly realised I would have to redo all that stuff I had not saved - so it did not come up as any particularly valid scene  - just the last state I was in ( even though this had been created from the base of another scene).

Trust you comprehend the logic of what I am saying

Ps AS an additional perhaps a request could be to alter the save state to include an append process - so the complete state is saved every 1 or 2 mins and then when any changes are made these  are appended to the state - so on reboot the state saved state is loaded and then any alterations made to this in the period before another full state could have been saved.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:55:39 PM by Nick Davis »

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »

I see what you say - and I must really check this out - but are you in fact just reverting to the last saved state ( which for you was the previous scene you were on)? - so say

you are on scene 1 for 5 mins + during that time make a minor change - say after after 2 mins - e.g.  to a fader level - but do not save it to that scene ( as only temporary) - this should be auto-saved as your last state if you leave it in place for 2 minutes

you then go to scene 2 and after 30 secs the power goes (& the new state was not saved) - on reboot you should come back to the last state i.e. the settings you had in scene 1 + your slight adjustment  ( the last auto-saved state).

Hi Nick,

Yes, I believe you are almost right, and the bolded clarifications above makes you right.

Dan

Nick Davis

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »

Hi Nick,

Yes, I believe you are almost right, and the bolded clarifications above makes you right.

Dan

OK see what you mean - but unless the state was saved instantly every time a change was made you could have the same problem even if the save state cycle was shorter.
BUT again from my perspective I would rather go back to the last state saved ( so it is as close to the last settings I had) rather than the last scene I loaded - If I were doing critical changes then I should save it to the/a scene as I go along - but there could even be an outage during this.

The weak point is not really the x32 - it is the power supply to the unit that needs to be consistent to avoid outages - if you are suddenly rebooting during a show then in your scenarios is the fact that you revert to the state that happens to be the previous scene you were on a real big deal if all you have to do is quickly check which scene you want to be on and reload if necessary for your already disrupted performance to continue.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:30:08 PM by Nick Davis »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.