ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75163 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »

P. S. An Android tablet equilivent to the iPad app would be very AWESOME.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

X32 Mix Station.  In the Google Play store.  Free.  And it kicks ass.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »

X32 Mix Station.  In the Google Play store.  Free.  And it kicks ass.
I've got it on my Nexus 4, good stuff for sure. Still an official app would be nice; though I wouldn't have a problem mixing from Mixing Station if I had an Android tablet. I'm planning on getting one this year sometime, but I'm waiting to see what the next Nexus tablet(s)  will be. I'm hoping a new Nexus 10 comes out, though and 8 would be good too. The Nexus 7 is nice but I really want something bigger and I either want a Nexus or Google Play Edition of whatever I get(stock Android is awesome and they're easy to root and use a custom ROM if I want).

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »

See my reply in your separate "Re: X32 2.02 Firmware....."

Where?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

• Neither X32 fw V1.15, nor V2.02 loads any scenes while starting up
  • Upon booting, X32 returns to the exact, last stored temporary state it was in before the power cycle
  • When the last stored state includes a stored or loaded scene, than that scene number will be displayed in the top status bar
  • Saving all (apprx. 10k) parameters to flash, is done by a background process and may take up to two minutes worst-case; or 5s when Safe Shutdown by pressing HOME is used

Hi Jan,

Thanks for posting this.

I'm known for not seeing what's in front of my face, but I sure don't see any scene numbers on the screen. Can you please post a screen shot showing where I should be looking? I just looked again in the View Scenes screen, and see no indicator of scene number.

The point of the discussion here about the console state when starting up is what happens in an unplanned shutdown and where the console is at when it restarts. Two minutes can be a long time; you say "up to two minutes". Does that mean the time is variable? I didn't change many parameters if any, and it always seemed to lose unsaved changes within nearly two minutes. I didn't do scientific testing, though, to know for sure.

Thanks,
Dan

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »

I'm known for not seeing what's in front of my face, but I sure don't see any scene numbers on the screen. Can you please post a screen shot showing where I should be looking? I just looked again in the View Scenes screen, and see no indicator of scene number.

Further down Jan says:
We found however, that the current display of the last stored scene number and name in V2.02 should be changed back to the way it was in V1.15. It will however remain depending on your preference regarding the show controls: cues/scenes/snippets, as mentioned above. We will amend this within 2.03, very soon.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »

Further down Jan says:

Funny, I see that and don't see that it says "there are no displayed numbers" but rather that there is a stylistic change in 2.02 that they don't like which will be fixed in 2.03.

Thanks for interpreting European speak for me.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,148854.0.html

Ah, I see. He started a new thread instead of replying here. I've been keeping this thread open and just refreshing rather than looking at the Lounge home page and didn't see the "new" thread.

Thanks,
Dan

Uwe Riemer

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »

Mixed three different shows on V2.02 at Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

The only problem: couldnt visit PL&S

On a more serious note, really loved that inserted FX now show up on screen if Effects are selected.
But related to this is a behaviour of the console Im not completely happy with:

Monitor bus selected, GEQ on faders and now want to go back to DCA layer, so I hit DCA and nothing happens, Output bank stays in GEQ on fader mode.
This behaviour is correct in the logic of the UI, because by hitting DCA the monitor bus stays selected, therefore the screen displays the GEQ, therefore GEQ stays on faders.
Nevertheless it is cumbersome to unselect Effects or press a View button to leave GEQ on faders and hit DCA.

Regarding Scenes:
Thanks Jan Duwe for explaining the Scene 00, this is a nice addition.

But there is an unexpected behaviour regarding scene storage:
Until yesterday I thought, that storing a scene to the scene memory would also update the flash ( temporary ) memory outright, but this seems wrong.
A power drop out ( simulated  :) ) within less than two minutes will bring back the console NOT in the last stored state but in the state the console was able to store to flash memory in that time.

Uwe

Nick Davis

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »

Monitor bus selected, GEQ on faders and now want to go back to DCA layer, so I hit DCA and nothing happens, Output bank stays in GEQ on fader mode.
This behaviour is correct in the logic of the UI, because by hitting DCA the monitor bus stays selected, therefore the screen displays the GEQ, therefore GEQ stays on faders.
Thanks Jan Duwe for explaining the Scene 00, this is a nice addition.

But there is an unexpected behaviour regarding scene storage:
Until yesterday I thought, that storing a scene to the scene memory would also update the flash ( temporary ) memory outright, but this seems wrong.
A power drop out ( simulated  :) ) within less than two minutes will bring back the console NOT in the last stored state but in the state the console was able to store to flash memory in that time.

Uwe

Must check the selecting DCA if on GEQ onfaders in V.15 - seem to remember that could leave this screen and go to another layer and then when cme back would still have geq on faders -i.e did not need to deselect it to move.

RE the scenes / state - I actually would want the console to be restored to the last  state it was actually in and not the last state saved to a scene - this makes more and total sense
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:33:42 PM by Nick Davis »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.