ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75185 times)

James A. Griffin

Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »

What was the issue with iPad 1 support? Many of the apps on mine continue to receive updates(though many more don't).

The iPad 1 will not run the latest Apple IOS, and that will impact a lot of Apps, not just Behringer.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »

Update link is now fixed....
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

The iPad 1 will not run the latest Apple IOS, and that will impact a lot of Apps, not just Behringer.

Yeah I know.... It runs 5.1.1 which is 2 major versions and many minor versions back. It's just annoying that some apps get regular updates on the iPad 1 and others claim they can't update because Apple won't let them... IME with iOS app development(I made an app as a school project) once you have an app running on 5.x it's not very hard to keep it there, but my project never went live in the App Store and it was way simpler that a mixing app. :-) The main limitation I saw with developing 5.x apps is there are a number of nice development features that you can't use(the main one I noticed was the auto-layout feature); I had more trouble figuring out what to turn off to make the app work on 5.x than anything else.

In the end if I was relying on a tablet to mix regularly I'd buy a newer iPad, but I only use the mixing app occasionally(< once per month). I just hate to see another app that works well on the iPad 1 drop support for it.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »

They Changed some of the API with the newest of IOS7 updates which breaks the compatibility with older (iOS5 and maybe 6). at 4+ years old it's probably time for replacement anyway.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »

They Changed some of the API with the newest of IOS7 updates which breaks the compatibility with older (iOS5 and maybe 6). at 4+ years old it's probably time for replacement anyway.

I'm hoping to get a new one this year, but I'll definitely wait to see what new models get released in the fall. I guess Apple changed the APIs pretty recently because the app I made last fall was using some iOS 7 APIs and worked with 5.x. At the time I was using the latest Xcode and API versions, but I haven't done anything with Xcode since.

I'm pretty amazed at how well the iPad 1 has held up; the battery still works well and doesn't have any problems other than being old, slow, and out of date.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2014, 03:04:59 AM »

James you are so correct. Who ever set up the patching on the X32 did his best but Fell very short of the mark.  As with every digital board I have used, it can be exciting to have all the processing at your finger tips, but if you need to do a dynamic effects fix for a band that does only great cover songs your are out of luck.  You can barely have time to try and change all the FX mix's when changing from say an OZZIE song to Bon-Jovi.   All you digital heads are missing the boat if you think you are going to store a 40 song set list in all your lovely pre-sets and then recall them.     UNLESS YOUR GUYS CALL AN FX MIX ONLY INSERTING IT ON THE MAIN OUT.  WHAT RUBES.
    Not to mention how much time it takes to set this up and hope the band follows the set list.   Try doing festival shows with this X32 board and you will want to kill yourself if you really care about being creative.

GIVE ME AN ANLOG BOARD AND OUTBOARD RACK!

Sounds like someone doesn't like change.

We use digital boards for festivals all the time weather the X32, M7CL or SC48 and have no issues with using digital boards for multi-band and muit-day festivals.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber