ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75194 times)

James A. Griffin

X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:03 PM »

I just downloaded the newest firmware 2.02 for my X32 and there is a lot to like about it... Most noticeably, an RTA which can be patched to any channel or bus... and can be overlaid on the graphic EQ screen so you see the affect of your adjustment as you're doing it.

I've noticed one glitch.. When I save a new scene, it re-sets my network settings to "0" and I have to start over.   I've never had that issue before.

Anyone else?????????
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:15:16 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Brian Wynn

Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »

I just downloaded the newest firmware 2.02 for my X32 and there is a lot to like about it... Most noticeably, an RTA which can be patched to any channel or bus... and can be overlaid on the graphic EQ screen so you see the affect of your adjustment as you're doing it.

I've noticed one glitch.. When I save a new scene, it re-sets my network settings to "0" and I have to start over.   I've never had that issue before.

Anyone else?????????

I have that issue as well and a bigger one yet.  If you are on any scene and power cycle the desk it always go's back to scene 00.  This would be a major issue during a show especially if you didn't save before a power loss you will lose everything.  I hope this is not their intention.  I'm going back to 1.15 for now.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »

I have that issue as well and a bigger one yet.  If you are on any scene and power cycle the desk it always go's back to scene 00.  This would be a major issue during a show especially if you didn't save before a power loss you will lose everything.  I hope this is not their intention.  I'm going back to 1.15 for now.

Just found out that the problem go's away if you hold home for 3 seconds which locks the console and puts it in a state that is safe to shutdown before you power cycle it.  This is still a issue if you get a unexpected power cycle.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »

Just found out that the problem go's away if you hold home for 3 seconds which locks the console and puts it in a state that is safe to shutdown before you power cycle it.  This is still a issue if you get a unexpected power cycle.

Here is the real kicker.  I reverted back to 1.15 and it does it with 1.15 now.  It didn't do it before I did the 2.02 upgrade.  I can confirm that because I have other console that didn't get the upgrade yet and they stay at the state they where power cycled at regardless of saving or a safe shutdown.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:58:19 AM »

I'm unable to replicate the ip-address reset.

However, the issue with the scene recall is that it will only save an automatic snapshot every minute or so (the console has always behaved like that).

This means that if your poweron snapshot is based on scene10 and you load scene15 the console won't save your snapshot in up to one minute.

It would probably be nice that a snapshot is saved anytime a scene/cue/snippet is recalled.

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:32:03 AM »

That could be intentional, because one of the things we have asked for is for the console to load a default scene if present.

EDIT: According to John DiNicola, there is no automatic load of scene 0 on power-up
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:45:02 PM by Per Sovik »

Benjamin Gingerich

• LifeSound AV
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:59 AM »

With x32 edit if you dont sync the console it will work, but no building scenes before a show. With the "MixStation" app i had to disable loading data to get it to work. I was never able to get the Ipad app to work, but my wifes iphone would connect.

A few things I noticed was when I updated the scene from 1.15 into 2.2, any linked channels were no longer linked. Delay to a bus was turned off (but still had the correct settings) and my assignable buttons were gone, as well as my FX rack was reset. Also my ip address and router/gateway settings were all zero's all the way across (as already mentioned). Also I never found the new 4 tap delay there were talking about.

Has anyone else asked how having an RTA on every channel is going to help you? Maybe the spectrograph in some situations? I just don't see the benefits.
Benjamin Gingerich
Project Manager - LifeSound Av - Macon, Georgia
Air Force Reserves- Electrical Power Production
AA Electrical & Mechanical Engineering

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »

I loaded the 2.02 firmware last night and tried to replicate the power cycle scene reset and the IP address reset on scene saving but neither problem showed up on my console.  As far as I could tell, no settings like channel linking were changed when updating the firmware.  The same scene loaded after the update and I didn't notice any changes but I didn't try digging into everything to verify.

Edit for clarity: I updated from 2.00 or 2.01, not from 1.15.  I had previously updated from 1.15 and all settings were overwritten as warned in the release notes for the 2.xx Beta firmware.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:39:02 PM by Corey Scogin »

John DiNicola

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »

Dear James,
We are not able to replicate the Network settings issue, however it is true that these settings are reset during the update process from 1.15 to 2.02.

Dear Brian,
We were not able to duplicate a return to scene 0 by power cycling the desk.
As Robert indicates, if you do not perform a “Safe Shutdown”, you may lose any changes made within the last minute or so. To perform a “Safe Shutdown” in version 2.02, lock the console by pressing and holding the HOME button.

Dear Benjamin,
The 4-Tap delay is called the “Rhythm Delay” in the effects section. Regarding the RTA on every channel, having the option to set the RTA to pre/post EQ can be a great way to visualize the changes that you are making. If you do not wish to see this overlay, you can turn it off on the RTA page of the meters section.

As you mentioned, there are some parameters that are reset when updating to Firmware 2.0. We recommend that you backup your complete show before updating, and restore after complete.

Please let me know if I can answer anymore questions regarding the Version 2.0 update. Hope you are enjoying all of the exciting new features that the update provides!

Best Regards,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Craig Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »

Dear James,
We are not able to replicate the Network settings issue, however it is true that these settings are reset during the update process from 1.15 to 2.02.

Dear Brian,
We were not able to duplicate a return to scene 0 by power cycling the desk.
As Robert indicates, if you do not perform a “Safe Shutdown”, you may lose any changes made within the last minute or so. To perform a “Safe Shutdown” in version 2.02, lock the console by pressing and holding the HOME button.

Dear Benjamin,
The 4-Tap delay is called the “Rhythm Delay” in the effects section. Regarding the RTA on every channel, having the option to set the RTA to pre/post EQ can be a great way to visualize the changes that you are making. If you do not wish to see this overlay, you can turn it off on the RTA page of the meters section.

As you mentioned, there are some parameters that are reset when updating to Firmware 2.0. We recommend that you backup your complete show before updating, and restore after complete.

Please let me know if I can answer anymore questions regarding the Version 2.0 update. Hope you are enjoying all of the exciting new features that the update provides!

Best Regards,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Is the Ipad app fully compatible with 2.02 or are we waiting for an updated app?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.