ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DMXIS interface died, looking for a better lighting solution  (Read 5990 times)

Mike Sullivan

DMXIS interface died, looking for a better lighting solution
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »

So my DMXIS interface quit working, which is odd, but to be honest I've never been impressed with DMXIS anyways, at least for what I'm trying to do.  I'm looking to get a new USB interface and software to use, something with a scene "visualizer" so I can see what I'm adjusting, and key assign for scenes (this will be used on a computer that will be dedicated to lights) plus MIDI pedal assignments (Tap tempo, maybe blinder control, etc).  I've thought of Freestyler but I can't find any good documents on how to use it...
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Rob Gow

Re: DMXIS interface died, looking for a better lighting solution
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »

So my DMXIS interface quit working, which is odd, but to be honest I've never been impressed with DMXIS anyways, at least for what I'm trying to do.  I'm looking to get a new USB interface and software to use, something with a scene "visualizer" so I can see what I'm adjusting, and key assign for scenes (this will be used on a computer that will be dedicated to lights) plus MIDI pedal assignments (Tap tempo, maybe blinder control, etc).  I've thought of Freestyler but I can't find any good documents on how to use it...

Have you contacted Enttec about it? I wouldn't mind finding a 3D visualizer I could hook up to, I have 2 laptops.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:05:05 PM by Rob Gow »

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »

http://www.lumidesk.com/index.php
It's a different approach; the dongle IS the brain; the computer just connects to it. But the ultimate version has your bases covered.

*NOTE:  I have never used this product. I noticed it at a recent demo event, and it piqued my interest. I'm not recommending it; just putting it out there as an option. It has limitations I noticed that would prevent me from using it in a 'pro' environment, but for the budget folks, it seemed fairly intuitive.

Josh Daws

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:36:58 AM »

i haven't used the lumidesk either, but all the brands that have the same looking DMX/USB box, the blue one (or orange i have seen) with the round logo sticker in the middle are all the same quality and product, using the same OEM open source software...

that aside the new software does come with a 3d visualiser. this is probably the cheapest option before you start spending serious money...

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:26 PM »

I think I may give Freestyler and Enttec Open DMX or DMX Pro Mk2 a try.  At least if I don't like Freestyler, I could go back to using DMXIS hopefully, unless they aren't compatable with those interfaces.  I have a show on Saturday and have all 16 of my Fab5's back, so it would be an interesting show, that's for sure.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Josh Daws

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »

take a look at using the enttec dongle and use the Martin MPC Software...the software is awesome!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.