ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: You can't tell 'em  (Read 5871 times)

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
Re: You can't tell 'em
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 12:06:37 AM »

OK, this isn't your average kids choir.  But a visual example.  The six choir mics were Audix VX-10 and similar.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »

Russ, This is an easy one.  It the folders are Black then the sound will clearly be a dark sound, if the folders light blue with a yellow ball on the folder, the sound will be happy and warm sound.

I think we can all be thankful they aren't brown folders.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Glenn James

• Darwin, Australia
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »

Doing it too cheap, part sponsored gig.
That means I have some say in what happens. I have given them 3 options.
Perform acapella outside under cover while the guests are having pre entry drinks, recorded walk in music, then perform the national anthem inside on stage once everybody is seated and quiet.
Sing really loud inside while guests try and find their seat, yell across tables at each other and let me have volume wars with the punters who just get louder as the music does, to a point I can go no further and the crowd drowns them out.
Stay at home, we will get a soloist to sing the anthem, and play recorded walk in music.
Hopefully they go for option one. These are primary (elementary) school choirs, they are completely unable to project in any fashion whatsoever, most of them just mouth the words except for the chorus.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »

Doing it too cheap, part sponsored gig.
That means I have some say in what happens. I have given them 3 options.
Perform acapella outside under cover while the guests are having pre entry drinks, recorded walk in music, then perform the national anthem inside on stage once everybody is seated and quiet.
Sing really loud inside while guests try and find their seat, yell across tables at each other and let me have volume wars with the punters who just get louder as the music does, to a point I can go no further and the crowd drowns them out.
Stay at home, we will get a soloist to sing the anthem, and play recorded walk in music.
Hopefully they go for option one. These are primary (elementary) school choirs, they are completely unable to project in any fashion whatsoever, most of them just mouth the words except for the chorus.

Play the first verse of the Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want". Oh, the irony...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.