ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLP with Windowsw 8.1  (Read 2333 times)

art isaacs

DLP with Windowsw 8.1
« on: March 12, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »

Have recently upgraded my computer to a PC running Windows 8.1.  Now I can no longer connect to my Dolby Lake processors When I open up the Lake Controller, the system freezes, and I lose control of my mouse and basically have to power down in order to regain control of the computer.  Has anybody else had this issue yet?  Not necessarily a fan of 8.1, it's just what's out there this week.

Thomas Le

Re: DLP with Windowsw 8.1
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »

Change your display name to your real name before the admins/mods lock this thread.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

Have recently upgraded my computer to a PC running Windows 8.1.  Now I can no longer connect to my Dolby Lake processors When I open up the Lake Controller, the system freezes, and I lose control of my mouse and basically have to power down in order to regain control of the computer.  Has anybody else had this issue yet?  Not necessarily a fan of 8.1, it's just what's out there this week.
Whenever you upgrade to another OS you have got to make sure all your software and hardware is compatible.  In this case you have to contact Dolby support to get some answers.
It its very possible this processor interface/firmware does not
shake hands with Windows 8.
It is also possible that there is a firmware upgrade for your unit
that will let it shake hands with Windows 8.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

Stu's correct. You'll need to contact Dolby, but here are some quick suggestions. Make sure WIN8 is at the latest patch version. Make sure that any firmware related to the processors is at the latest revision level, and because the .dlls (dynamic link library) may not be compatible with WIN8 you might try running the application in compatibility mode.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.