ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL V2 wish list  (Read 19505 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »

This is how all digital consoles should be..... IMO. Give me a group of faders with scribble strips and let me put whatever I want on each layer.
I see both sides of this. I've had significant time on a iLive T80 as well as the CL5 and M7CL.

One thing that's bit me several times on the iLive is that you can have channels, DCA's, group's, ... that are active but not on the surface which makes it very hard to find and fix mid program.

I think the CL series has a good implementation for this. There are fixed layers where every channel occurs so you can always get to any channel but they also several custom fader layer in each bank of faders so you can lay out how ever you like. I think the CL3 may actually have a bit better setup for Custom layers than the CL5. The reason I say this is the CL3 has 3 custom layers in the "A" bank vs only 2 for the CL5 which gives you more flexibility.

Philip

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 02:32:03 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.

On Digicos, which I use a lot and also have a completely free console layout, My default is to assign all the inputs and outputs, in order, to the banks on layer A, and then setup my own stuff on the layer B banks.

This way I can have my custom layouts, but can also get to everything on the console in only a couple of button presses in a hurry if I need to!
Riedel Communications

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.

On Digicos, which I use a lot and also have a completely free console layout, My default is to assign all the inputs and outputs, in order, to the banks on layer A, and then setup my own stuff on the layer B banks.

This way I can have my custom layouts, but can also get to everything on the console in only a couple of button presses in a hurry if I need to!

I'm wish the SD9 had a layer B. I don't user layer B much in the workflow even on sd8/10 because I'm SD9 a lot.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 04:43:01 PM »

I see both sides of this. I've had significant time on a iLive T80 as well as the CL5 and M7CL.

One thing that's bit me several times on the iLive is that you can have channels, DCA's, group's, ... that are active but not on the surface which makes it very hard to find and fix mid program.

I think the CL series has a good implementation for this. There are fixed layers where every channel occurs so you can always get to any channel but they also several custom fader layer in each bank of faders so you can lay out how ever you like. I think the CL3 may actually have a bit better setup for Custom layers than the CL5. The reason I say this is the CL3 has 3 custom layers in the "A" bank vs only 2 for the CL5 which gives you more flexibility.

Philip

It does make good sense to have everything on some layer all the time so it can be found. Pretty much all of my digital time as been on an x32 and I've found myself wishing for a custom layer on it; I imagine it's even more helpful on higher channel count boards. I do over 90% of my mixing right now on various(small) analog mixers, but it's very interesting to read about these "high end" digital boards in hope of getting to use them someday.  :D

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »

One thing that's bit me several times on the iLive is that you can have channels, DCA's, group's, ... that are active but not on the surface which makes it very hard to find and fix mid program....

FWIW, On the GLD I have a bank of faders where I put the 'hidden stuff' like DCAs used only for mute groups, the 'hidden side' of ganged stereo channels,... just in case I need to get to them.
Mark McFarlane

Ric Arnold

• Melbourne, Vic, Australia
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »

Another feature on the CLs I'd like to see is the ability to set a User Defined Key to recall ALL fader banks as custom pages/faders setup. (this may already exist; I'll hit the Yamaha rep up this afternoon when he's here to find out if I've overlooked it.)
In a roundabout way I may be able to do this using scenes but it would be messy, and not work if I'm using scenes during a musical.

an example:

Fader Bank 'Set 1' - (UDK list chooses from Sets, at least 4 would be great, but as many sets as are possible)
Set fader bank A to channels 1-16, set Fader bank B to channels 17-24, set fader bank C to channels 25-32

Fader Bank 'Set 2'
Set fader bank A to custom A1, set Fader bank B to channels 1-8, set fader bank C to Custom C6

etc.
Cheers,
Ric
Live Theatre, Lighting, & Sound
Melbourne, Australia

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 04:34:54 AM »

Another feature on the CLs I'd like to see is the ability to set a User Defined Key to recall ALL fader banks as custom pages/faders setup. (this may already exist; I'll hit the Yamaha rep up this afternoon when he's here to find out if I've overlooked it.)
In a roundabout way I may be able to do this using scenes but it would be messy, and not work if I'm using scenes during a musical.

an example:

Fader Bank 'Set 1' - (UDK list chooses from Sets, at least 4 would be great, but as many sets as are possible)
Set fader bank A to channels 1-16, set Fader bank B to channels 17-24, set fader bank C to channels 25-32

Fader Bank 'Set 2'
Set fader bank A to custom A1, set Fader bank B to channels 1-8, set fader bank C to Custom C6

etc.
Hi Ric,
That was the first "wish" in this thread!
"Heard Yamaha is announcing a V2 for CL consoles in May. I would love to see a new UDK function that recalls fader combinations ( ie: channels 1 through 32 or 33 through 64 ) instead of having to push multiple custom keys."

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:21:50 am by Ivan Feder » Report to moderator     92.151.22.163

Ric Arnold

• Melbourne, Vic, Australia
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »

Hi Ric,
That was the first "wish" in this thread!
"Heard Yamaha is announcing a V2 for CL consoles in May. I would love to see a new UDK function that recalls fader combinations ( ie: channels 1 through 32 or 33 through 64 ) instead of having to push multiple custom keys."

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:21:50 am by Ivan Feder » Report to moderator     92.151.22.163
Sorry Ivan, I mis-read your comment as something else.
well at least they now know it's a highly wanted feature  ;)
Cheers,
Ric
Live Theatre, Lighting, & Sound
Melbourne, Australia

Dave Wallingford

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »

More matrices. Option to make all mixes and matrices into auxes, groups, or matrices. Direct outputs on stereo channels. More flexibility with scene recall - spreadsheet style like DigiCo would be great (musicals)! More intuitive Dante patching.

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »

More flexibility with scene recall - spreadsheet style like DigiCo would be great (musicals)!

What specifically are you missing with the current Scene Focus?
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.