ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL V2 wish list  (Read 19568 times)

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
Re: Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 06:28:19 AM »

On V2 (or sooner!) I'd love to have the Display show the channel bank selected (8 channel view) when I press the SEL key on the left bank of faders. This was a god send on the M7, to ensure users were adjusting the correct channels.

Currently the only way to see the selected 8 channel view is via the Centra section buttons.
This means to see the overview of the left bank I have to: Press the Centra button for the correct 8 channel bank, THEN press SEL on the channel I want. 2 pushes, and room for error :-(

nice one Ric!
 Forgot that feature was availalable on the M7

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

Ahh...ok.  You'd like to have a function similar to "Layer Snapshot", which is available on the PM5D console.  Yes, this is not available on the CL Series at this time.  However, I have a workaround for you using scenes and "Recall Focus" which could be useful.  This method will require a little practice before using on a show as you will have to keep track of which scenes contain your "show" data and which are only being used as a "Layer Snapshot".

• Disable Recall Safe for the Fader Banks
  • Store your "Layer Snapshot" scenes (might be a good idea to store them in the upper numbers and lock them)
  • Enable "Recall Focus" on just the fader banks for each "Layer Snapshot" scene
  • Create User Defined Keys to "Direct Recall" each "Layer Snapshot" scene

I created a document with more details and some pictures to help with the setup.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e812uvff0wsu6cz/Layer%20Snapshot%20Alternative.pdf

I hope this helps for now!  I will let the development team know about your request.

Regards,

Leland

Leland,

As a corollary to that, I would like to see a better way to handle moving faders to the Centralogic section when you are using custom fader layers. Once you are using custom layers, the old way of looking at inputs 1-8, 9-16 etc, doesn't make much sense. It's too late for this generation, but I think it is time to abandon that metaphor. Let there be a standard setup in scene 000 that has the faders assigned that way for those that want to use the console that way, but have only custom fader layers that can be set up in other ways for those that want to. At that point, the Centralogic banks should be the way the custom layers are set up rather than the completely arbitrary 1-8 etc.

My 2p

Mac

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

I'm still looking for that most mundane but vital of functions in the editor app for all of the Yamaha consoles since the 5d. A printable version of the patch windows and / or the option to export them as tab text.   Also , when making patch changes, if a channel has a user entered name then the "steal patch " confirmation pop up should display that name as well as the default name to make patching faster and more reliable.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »

I'm still looking for that most mundane but vital of functions in the editor app for all of the Yamaha consoles since the 5d. A printable version of the patch windows and / or the option to export them as tab text.
http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?1028-OMT-new-version
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Josh Hana

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »

Maybe that means a fire sale on Dugan MY-cards real soon. I could handle that.

Ahh I haven't considered this. One can only hope

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

Stereo matrices.  This is something that the old analog PM3500 had, its something that the Digico's have and it would be a real value add.

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

Stereo matrices.  This is something that the old analog PM3500 had, its something that the Digico's have and it would be a real value add.

They have that?

Pairing the matrixes gives you up to 4 stereo matrixes. True, it does decimate the number of matrixes but the functionality is there.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »

Stereo matrices as in I wish the CL5 had them and they should go on the the wish list.  I NEVER have enough matrices and wish that instead of turning matrices into mix busses as the new QL touts as a big feature that I could instead turn mixes into matrices.  I max out my matrix count 100 times more often than the mix count. Post fade mixes just don't do what I want more often than not.

They have that?

Pairing the matrixes gives you up to 4 stereo matrixes. True, it does decimate the number of matrixes but the functionality is there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:09:29 AM by Riley Casey »

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »

I wish console manufacturers would once and for all stop designing consoles as though they were still analogue when it comes to buses.
There should be Inputs and outputs.
No auxes, groups, matrices, or masters.
Every input and bus can be sent to any other bus pre or post anywhere.
It's even more ridiculous on consoles like the DiGiCo (and I think Avid) that you have to decide before you build a show file what your buses will be.
It's high time they stop thinking in analogue terms and allow maximum flexibility.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »

Stereo matrices as in I wish they had them and they should go on the the wish list.  I NEVER have enough matrices and wish that instead of turning matrices into mix busses as the new QL touts as a big feature that I could instead turn mixes into matrices.  I max out my matrix count 100 times more often than the mix count. Post fade mixes just don't do what I want more often than not.

Depending on what it is that you want to feed into your matrices, here's one workaround I have used:

Take the LR-master(for instance) out of the console, via SPDIF out would be typical.  Feed back into SPDIF in and patch that to a spare stereo channel.

Use unused mixes to distribute the contents of that channel to various physical outputs.

Obviously, you want to make sure you don't assign that channel directly to L/R...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.