ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL V2 wish list  (Read 19501 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »

I wish console manufacturers would once and for all stop designing consoles as though they were still analogue when it comes to buses.
There should be Inputs and outputs.
No auxes, groups, matrices, or masters.
Every input and bus can be sent to any other bus pre or post anywhere.
It's even more ridiculous on consoles like the DiGiCo (and I think Avid) that you have to decide before you build a show file what your buses will be.
It's high time they stop thinking in analogue terms and allow maximum flexibility.

D-Mitri.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:35 PM »

D-Mitri.

Can you change  the D-Mitri bus structure in the middle of rehearsals? I don't remember. Studer Vista is another large format console that you can fairly freely configure, but it is a little touch and go to rebuild after the fact. It can be done, but I don't do it.

Mac

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 06:16:50 AM »

Studer Vista is another large format console that you can fairly freely configure, but it is a little touch and go to rebuild after the fact. It can be done, but I don't do it.

Mac

True.

That said though, I have mixed some gigs on a 5SR, and although it is a great sounding board with a ton of functionality, there have been many times when I have longed for a Vi6 while I'm trying to set something up in a hurry!

This ultimately is the tradeoff. I love Digicos, but I hate walking up to them cold without a show file 15 mins before a soundcheck, because the increased flexibility also means more configuration required to go.

The M7 is the opposite end of this scale. It is what it is, but you can go from power on to soundcheck in about 5 mins!
Riedel Communications

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »

My church just installed our second CL5. Lots of the things for V2 look really nice including DCA roll out. We are also looking forward to having the Dugan automixer built in.

While it's probably too late for V2 here's 5 things I'd like to see added:

- A button to copy the CL channel name from the Dante channel name. Ideally I'd also like a per channel option to update the CL channel name as the Dante channel is changed. I think the button should be on this screen.

- A way to toggle the Input/Output selection of the centralogic section by pressing the bank select keys. Perhaps a double press of the selected back to switch you to the "opposite" side. (ex. If Input is selected a single press of the top button brings up In 1-8. Double pressing the same button brings up DCA 1-8.) I'm not sure if a double press is the right option. I'm open to other ways to do this.

- Relocate the Custom fader assignment menu so it's not 3 layers deep. Perhaps have it directly linked from the Setup or Channel Job menu. (Yes I know you can bookmark it)

- When you go into the Custom Fader Assignment for a bank that's partly full the default starting position should be the next avaiable empty fader slot rather than the first fader slot.

- To be able to assign a UDK to select a specific meter pick point. (Pre GC, Pre Digital Gain, ....)

Any thoughts from the rest of the forum?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:31:08 PM by Philip Roberts »

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »

Any thoughts from the rest of the forum?

I can't comment, I don't have a horse in this race.
But, from the picture, I thought you were in Australia.... :o
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »

I can't comment, I don't have a horse in this race.
But, from the picture, I thought you were in Australia.... :o

Phillip mixes standing on his head.... it's all good.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »

Phillip mixes standing on his head.... it's all good.
Not any more, its more like Apple thinks I hold my phone upside down.

Philip

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »

Not any more, its more like Apple thinks I hold my phone upside down.

Philip

Glad you're right-side up, Philip. Mix on!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »

I like the way the GLD does it's layers. Any input, output, bus master, send, return or DCA can be on any layer in any location, or not - I have a couple of DCAs I use that don't appear on the surface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 03:30:34 PM »

Can you change  the D-Mitri bus structure in the middle of rehearsals? I don't remember. Studer Vista is another large format console that you can fairly freely configure, but it is a little touch and go to rebuild after the fact. It can be done, but I don't do it.

Mac
My point is why should you have to configure anything? Select your input or bus, select the bus you want it to go to, select the pick-off point and turn up the send. Maybe a button beside the send which turns the send on and and up to 0 for traditional "fixed/groups/matrix" use. Simple, completely flexible and no re-configuring.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 03:30:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.