ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL V2 wish list  (Read 19503 times)

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:55 AM »

Heard Yamaha is announcing a V2 for CL consoles in May. I would love to see a new UDK function that recalls fader combinations ( ie: channels 1 through 32 or 33 through 64 ) instead of having to push multiple custom keys.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:21:50 AM by Ivan Feder »

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Yamaha CL V2 wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »

It damn well better include the Dugan auto mixing software that the QL line is getting.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Leland Green

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »

Heard Yamaha is announcing a V2 for CL consoles in May. I would love to see a new UDK function that recalls fader combinations ( ie: channels 1 through 32 or 33 through 64 ) instead of having to push multiple custom keys.

Hi Ivan,

The fader panels are in "Recall Safe" mode by default.  If you would like the fader panel to display a particular fader bank when a scene is recalled, please disable "Recall Safe" for the desired panels in the "Channel Job" / "Recall Safe" menu.  Then select the fader banks you would like to display and save your scene.

Regards,

Leland
Leland Green
Training Manager, Technical Marketing Group
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »

It damn well better include the Dugan auto mixing software that the QL line is getting.

According to this press release: http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/news_detail.php?newsID=362

The CL will be getting the Dugan auto mixing in a later software version... :-\
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »

According to this press release: http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/news_detail.php?newsID=362

The CL will be getting the Dugan auto mixing in a later software version... :-\

Maybe that means a fire sale on Dugan MY-cards real soon. I could handle that.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »

Hi Ivan,

The fader panels are in "Recall Safe" mode by default.  If you would like the fader panel to display a particular fader bank when a scene is recalled, please disable "Recall Safe" for the desired panels in the "Channel Job" / "Recall Safe" menu.  Then select the fader banks you would like to display and save your scene.

Regards,

Leland
Hi Leland,
That's not really what is was talking about. Like many users  I like to have 32 inputs visible on one layer (1st fader bank 1-16, 2nd fader bank 17-24 and 3rd fader bank 25-32) but let's say I have selected on fader bank 2, DCAs and on fader bank 3, mixes 1-8,  it takes the push of 2 buttons to get back to the 1-32 view ( 3 pushes for channels 33 to 64 view). Would be nice to be able to do that hitting one button. A " fader snapshot view " of all 32 faders programmable either on a custom button ( maybe C6 and C7) or a UDK would really be great.
Thanks!

Ivan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:09:40 PM by Ivan Feder »

John Penkala

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »

That would be unfortunate for me. I am in the process of putting together a CL5/ 2x RIO3224/ Fiber networking package with a Dugan card for a client. The gear is already in!

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

That would be unfortunate for me. I am in the process of putting together a CL5/ 2x RIO3224/ Fiber networking package with a Dugan card for a client. The gear is already in!

Read my last response. It's going to be included in a Version 2+ software release.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Ric Arnold

• Melbourne, Vic, Australia
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »

On V2 (or sooner!) I'd love to have the Display show the channel bank selected (8 channel view) when I press the SEL key on the left bank of faders. This was a god send on the M7, to ensure users were adjusting the correct channels.

Currently the only way to see the selected 8 channel view is via the Centra section buttons.
This means to see the overview of the left bank I have to: Press the Centra button for the correct 8 channel bank, THEN press SEL on the channel I want. 2 pushes, and room for error :-(
Cheers,
Ric
Live Theatre, Lighting, & Sound
Melbourne, Australia

Leland Green

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »

Hi Leland,
That's not really what is was talking about. Like many users  I like to have 32 inputs visible on one layer (1st fader bank 1-16, 2nd fader bank 17-24 and 3rd fader bank 25-32) but let's say I have selected on fader bank 2, DCAs and on fader bank 3, mixes 1-8,  it takes the push of 2 buttons to get back to the 1-32 view ( 3 pushes for channels 33 to 64 view). Would be nice to be able to do that hitting one button. A " fader snapshot view " of all 32 faders programmable either on a custom button ( maybe C6 and C7) or a UDK would really be great.
Thanks!

Ivan

Ahh...ok.  You'd like to have a function similar to "Layer Snapshot", which is available on the PM5D console.  Yes, this is not available on the CL Series at this time.  However, I have a workaround for you using scenes and "Recall Focus" which could be useful.  This method will require a little practice before using on a show as you will have to keep track of which scenes contain your "show" data and which are only being used as a "Layer Snapshot".

• Disable Recall Safe for the Fader Banks
  • Store your "Layer Snapshot" scenes (might be a good idea to store them in the upper numbers and lock them)
  • Enable "Recall Focus" on just the fader banks for each "Layer Snapshot" scene
  • Create User Defined Keys to "Direct Recall" each "Layer Snapshot" scene

I created a document with more details and some pictures to help with the setup.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e812uvff0wsu6cz/Layer%20Snapshot%20Alternative.pdf

I hope this helps for now!  I will let the development team know about your request.

Regards,

Leland
Leland Green
Training Manager, Technical Marketing Group
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.