ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of upgrading Eaw Kf850t to the z version  (Read 3610 times)

kevin kow

Thinking of upgrading Eaw Kf850t to the z version
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:01:40 PM »

Whats up guys?? So i help out with the sound in a church i attend, and I think the z upgrade along with the ux8800 processor is a upgrage we need because they already blew out the tad drivers a long time ago and we are currently using the b&c de75 and im starting to hear rubbing coming from the 15s. They have the rcf 15s And rcf 10s. What drivers does the z upgrade come with??

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Thinking of upgrading Eaw Kf850t to the z version
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »

Whats up guys?? So i help out with the sound in a church i attend, and I think the z upgrade along with the ux8800 processor is a upgrage we need because they already blew out the tad drivers a long time ago and we are currently using the b&c de75 and im starting to hear rubbing coming from the 15s. They have the rcf 15s And rcf 10s. What drivers does the z upgrade come with??
As far as what the upgrade kit comes with, I did a Google search for "KF850z" and about four items down is http://eaw.com/docs/2_Legacy_Products/Loudspeakers/KF/KF850/KF850z%20kits/KF850z_upgrade_kit_INSTR_revA_ENG.pdf, but note that is an upgrade kit for the KF850e so you might want to confirm with EAW if it is directly compatible with the KF850t.  You'll also see that the upgrade involves much more than just new drivers.

The UX8800 with the Gunness Focusing presets can make a real difference but those presets assume your speakers are as they were from the factory, so if your speakers aren't as from the factory then that upgrade may not be as beneficial.

Doug Hammel

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »

Your best bet is to contact EAW tech support. The "T" version is a very old variant of the 850. If you are hearing rubbing from your 15s, those at the very least will need to be re-coned. Also how are your cabinets being powered and processed. That may need some attention.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.