ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home DJ setup  (Read 4603 times)

Jose Morales

Home DJ setup
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:23 AM »

Hi Guys,

Have spent the past few days reading the DJ forums. What I'm specifically looking for is to have that clear spacial accurate sound dj monitor system that I can turn up quite a bit for when I have home parties. The clubs that I goto all have Funktion One systems, and I would like to some how get that same chest thumping clean transient response with a bottom end that MOVES you. In particular, I want to hear the sound of the mallet as it hits the the drum.  I have my poor mans rotary mixer, Vestax PMC-25. I might be able to get a good deal for some old Turbosound TMS-1 3 way speakers with their own crossovers. I'm formally a carpenter, so I would not have any problem building my own subs.
Now I don't necessarily have to use turbo/Funk1 equipment, I just want that type of sound. I would also appreciate amplifier suggestions. My total budget is about $1000 for mids/highs, $1000 for amplification, and $250  for a sub woofer, since the TMS-1 has a mid woofer that plays down to 90 hertz.
your help is all greatly appreciated.
Jose Morales

Nate Armstrong

Re: Home DJ setup
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »

you need to correct your name to conform to the forum rules. You will not get a response until you do so.

thank you.

Jose Morales

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:42:42 AM »

you need to correct your name to conform to the forum rules. You will not get a response until you do so.

thank you.

Sorry about the bad etiquette, I was just excited to have stumbled upon your forums.

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »

Now I don't necessarily have to use turbo/Funk1 equipment, I just want that type of sound. I would also appreciate amplifier suggestions. My total budget is about $1000 for mids/highs, $1000 for amplification, and $250  for a sub woofer, since the TMS-1 has a mid woofer that plays down to 90 hertz.

Not to jerk your chain (too much anyway) but what equipment have you been looking at that lead you to arrive at the budget you did, that might even approach the residential version of your stated expectations?
This space for rent

Jose Morales

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »

Not to jerk your chain (too much anyway) but what equipment have you been looking at that lead you to arrive at the budget you did, that might even approach the residential version of your stated expectations?
My budget was based researching used equipment on Ebay, based on sound systems I've seen at parties. My main concern was getting that impact of bass when the proverbial mallet strikes the skin of the kick drum. I listened to the TMS-1, and they sound great for a main PA but not as monitors. So I pulled the trigger and bought a pair of Funktion One F101's.

F1 built a home dj booth, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152192782863268&set=a.10150147072728268.342758.44992668267&type=1 for Nicole Moudaber. The photo is on her facebook page, couldn't find it elsewhere.

The F101's have a 10 inch mf woofer in a ported enclosure, and a one inch compression driver. The next step is going to be building the subwoofer cabinet, I'll also be posting in the woofer/bass forum. But, I am totally open to suggestions. I currently have a supercube 4000 and a Supercube II.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »

I'm not clear, are you looking for a monitor system or for speakers to serve as the main PA for home parties?  What do you plan to do for the crossover to the subwoofer, any algnment delay and any limiting?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.