ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TSA ready SMAART  (Read 7745 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: TSA ready SMAART
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »

Not sure what the issue is with sending your laptop through

The issue is speed. I wish to eliminate the need to remove a laptop...by eliminating the laptop.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »

The issue is speed. I wish to eliminate the need to remove a laptop...by eliminating the laptop.
The line's either moving fast or it's not. the 10-20 extra seconds it takes you to do the security dance isn't going to change the length of the overall experience by even 1%

It sounds like you travel enough that it should be pretty smooth for you. I usually have my laptop out and waiting before there's even room on the belt for another bin. taking the laptop out is not the bottleneck.

Jason

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »

Hi Jim,

Check this out: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/checkpoint-friendly-laptop-bags

I own two of this style bag, and they have never asked me to remove my laptop from either one.  I currently use this one and love it: http://www.amazon.com/Skooba-Design-Checkthrough-Laptops-101-151/dp/B002JCAF0C

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

Aside from the Daytime Emmy® level of Theatrical Safety Allusions...

One limitation of a tablet is getting 2 channels of audio into it.

The reduced form factor of the tablet doesn't reduce the kibbles and bits needed to hook it all up and work, it just changes the items.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »

My backpack has a TSA friendly laptop pocket, i just unzip the backpack and let it ride through.

If you are looking to speed up the security process, check out TSA pre. If you have global access you get TSA pre for 6 years. No more taking off shoes, jacket, belt, etc (kind of like traveling through most of europe) and i have never had my bag opened up in the TSA pre line. It usually get opened up because I travel with a lot of electronics that TSA doesn't recognize.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 07:52:21 AM »

It usually get opened up because I travel with a lot of electronics that TSA doesn't recognize.

My dozen Sennheiser PZA pre's look like ammo when x-rayed. I get stopped alot.

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »

My carryon bag is usually full of all kinds of papers, wires, adapters, and computer accessories.  But what I found almost always triggers a bag search is when I keep my measurement microphones in the bag, probably because of their usual shape and construction.  Since then, I always remove my case of mics from my carryon bag and put them in the tray with my laptop.  Very rarely have I had a bag search since.  It helps to have them in a clear otterbox case so that they can quickly identify what they are, without having to open the box and fondle them, for fear that they might damage or drop one!

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »

+1 on TSApre.  Evan if you drop the laptop, the convenience is worth it. 

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »

Could a smartphone act as processor and keyboard?, and how do I get the info onscreen?

Studio Six AudioTools on an iPhone or iPad. Has actual SMAART RTA and spectrograph and their own Transfer Function, since Rational's code wasn't portable enough. There are multiple options for 2 channel preamps that will work with it.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.