Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Google  (Read 5023 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Google
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:15:30 PM »

I've had Google call me 3 times this week asking what my business address is. I told them to do a Google search and find out for themselves. :o

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Google
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »

I've had Google call me 3 times this week asking what my business address is. I told them to do a Google search and find out for themselves. :o

Are you sure it's really Google?  I've never heard of Google manually tracking down information.  I bet it's a scam or some sketchy marketing.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »

I *wish* Google would call us and ask us what our business address is. Google Maps is convinced we're at Bronte St. S, rather than Bronte St N. The same thing happens to folks on the South side; it's not unusual for me to find a very confused driver parked in our lot.

Nick Enright

• Detroit, MI
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

I *wish* Google would call us and ask us what our business address is. Google Maps is convinced we're at Bronte St. S, rather than Bronte St N. The same thing happens to folks on the South side; it's not unusual for me to find a very confused driver parked in our lot.

We get that here too, on Google maps it's in the right place, but when you get driving directions sometimes they take you to W. Milwaukee St, instead of E. Milwaukee St.

(or used to)

Nick Enright
Owner / Engineer
Lyve Productions
Detroit, MI

Taylor Hall

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

More than likely a phishing scam of some sort. Most companies nowadays will either contact you via snail mail or email, not by phone.

There's been a recent rash of similar calls from people claiming to be from Microsoft asking you to renew your warranty subscription.

Shady folk out there.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »

More than likely a phishing scam of some sort. Most companies nowadays will either contact you via snail mail or email,

Only companies based in Nigeria use email anymore though.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Taylor Hall

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »

I dunno, that's how I got my millions and have been living happily ever since. The bank keeps calling me for some reason about a bounced check, though. Seems odd since I know I have at least $15 million still in there. Oh well, I'm sure it's just a mixup on their end that will get sorted out.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »

I had the same call from "google" for months.  I always hung up.  Recently I waited on the line. After a little bit there was an opt out option.  I pushed whatever number that was and have not had a call since.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »

Have you tried changing it with the "suggest a correction"-kind of tool there is in Google Maps? It worked for an address of mine, which I manually plotted in (it's an underground bunker from the cold war, so it's not an ordinary position, but in the middle of a grass field). It took a week or something and then the change was implemented...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:29:24 AM by Frederik Rosenkjær »
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »

Are you sure it's really Google?  I've never heard of Google manually tracking down information.  I bet it's a scam or some sketchy marketing.

I wondered that. But the caller ID said Google. I guess these days that doesn't mean it's really them

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.