ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio setup for a bar  (Read 3917 times)

Greg Osorio

Audio setup for a bar
« on: March 07, 2014, 04:31:57 AM »

I am setting up an audio system for a bar I'm starting and want to know if the equipment I'm considering is adequate.  As the bar is located in Ghana, West Africa, I can't find any good sound professional to hire for this setup, so I must seek advice from this forum.  I hope someone can be of assistance.

Most of the time, the sound system will play light bar music and audio from the tvs, but it will occasionally need to be loud enough to give a club feel for loud music and dancing.

I'm trying to stay within a budget of $5,000 (low, I know) for materials and that includes the mixer, equalizers, speakers and woofers.

I've chosen JBL speakers and Behringer amps/equalizer due to their relatively low price and good reviews.

Attached is the floor plan of the room.  It is approximately 1,000 square feet.  All of the walls are constructed of cement and covered in plaster.  The floors will be parquet wood and the plaster ceilings are 10' high.  On 3 of the walls, there is no windows.  The main entrance is floor to ceiling glass, including the doors and is approximately 17' wide.  The top left corner that is slanted will contain the dj booth with all the sound controls.

I am considering installing (8) JBL Control 1 Pro Loudspeakers as the main speakers (image attached).  I plan to wall mount them around the room, 9' high. 1 in each corner and 1 in the middle of each wall.

For the bass, I am considering either using (2) JBL SS88IWS wall mounted subs (image attached) or (1) JBL EON 518S 18-inch 500-Watt Self-Powered sub (Image attached).

To power this system, I'm considering using (2) Behringer iNuke NU3000 Power Amps (image attached).  For the equalizer, I am looking at the Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ1502 (image attached).

The system will be controlled using a Pioneer DDJ-SX.

As I am not a sound professional, I want to know if this system sounds like a good one.  And if not, what changes or additions do I need to make to the setup to achieve my desired sound quality.

Thanks a lot for any advice you may offer.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Audio setup for a bar
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:46:03 AM »

Elite audio Video Automations
Tag - AUDIO VIDEO INSTALLATION/BAR/LOUNGE
67 brenya st, Apenkwa tesano, Accra
Elite Audio Video Automations is a well recognized custom audio video, low voltage, system integration company founded in Southern California with its sister company in West Africa Ghana. With over 10...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »

You have some acoustic and budget challenges. The sound is determined by many factors aside from the sound reinforcement hardware. I agree with Dick's suggestion to look harder for experienced and knowledgeable local help. Try the company Dick recommended. Also go check out the +233 Jazz Bar & Grill in Accra if you are in Accra. It is outdoors, larger, with a larger system than you need but I was there in January and the sound was excellent so the sound people there know what they are doing. Go talk with them and see if they might be helpful.

Greg Osorio

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »

Thanks for both of your replies. I've been in contact with Elite and will also check out +233.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.