ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Vi3000  (Read 10988 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Soundcraft Vi3000
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:43 PM »

Soundcraft Announced a new desk...

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=17047

Chris Johnson [UK]

Re: Soundcraft Vi3000
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:55:00 AM »

Looks cool.

The 3D vistonics thing seems a bit pointless. Does this suggest that they haven't addressed the missing features in the Vi software and have just made it prettier to try and win brownie points?

Sonically, I really like the Vi series, and a really like the Vista 1, so I'm very interested in this product...
Riedel Communications

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:11:15 AM »

Someone told me it's priced below Vi4. Maybe more desks coming...

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

Someone told me it's priced below Vi4. Maybe more desks coming...

It supports UA plug ins. Although exactly how it does that is a little fuzzy from the article. It looks like you might have to have an outboard computer to run the plugs....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Soundcraft Vi3000
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:10:13 PM »

It supports UA plug ins. Although exactly how it does that is a little fuzzy from the article. It looks like you might have to have an outboard computer to run the plugs....

I think that's just with their new external "realtime rack" which is compatible with all Soundcraft desks.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »

I think that's just with their new external "realtime rack" which is compatible with all Soundcraft desks.

Soundcafts webpage on the realtome rack shows a computer hooked up to it. What I don't know is if that's just for setup and it can be disconnected, or does the laptop have to be there all the time?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »

Soundcafts webpage on the realtome rack shows a computer hooked up to it. What I don't know is if that's just for setup and it can be disconnected, or does the laptop have to be there all the time?

They are not very clear about that, but it sure looks like you need the computer to control the plug ins, which reside on the Realtime rack. Since you can store settings in scenes, you could remove the computer, but it looks like you will be locked into the saved settings at that point.

Mac

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

You need the computer. The 'Realtime Rack' is basically a re-branded MADI version of a UA Apollo... UAD does waves soundgrid.
Riedel Communications

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »

You need the computer. The 'Realtime Rack' is basically a re-branded MADI version of a UA Apollo... UAD does waves soundgrid.

See that kind of bumps me.

The Vi surface is a big computer with fancy touchscreens. I should be able to use that for plugin control! Especially since the Vi has knobs to twiddle and the laptop doesn't....

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

It looks like it operates like waves native (controlled by external computer) but is processed on an the external server (like soundgrid). Maybe more like a rebranded UAD satellite.

It would have been nice to add a Digico style on-console-screen control. Still looks nifty though. Small rack, interfaces directly with existing hardware.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.