ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Vi3000  (Read 10989 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Soundcraft Vi3000
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »

The board has some pretty nice features to say the least, but the one that caught me by surprise was the monitoring functions built in for AKG mics. Nice touch, but a real winner if the function supported other manufacturers as well. It also looks like the one knob one function and color format is spreading across the line in a more standard way.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »

Yeah. I'm very interested, depending on price.
Riedel Communications

Doug Hammel

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »

Yeah. I'm very interested, depending on price.

Have they said a price yet?

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

The board has some pretty nice features to say the least, but the one that caught me by surprise was the monitoring functions built in for AKG mics. Nice touch, but a real winner if the function supported other manufacturers as well. It also looks like the one knob one function and color format is spreading across the line in a more standard way.

I've liked this idea for a long time and welcome it.  I suppose they want the clients to stay under the Harman "umbrella", so only AKG...

One cool thing about the Yamaha CL desks is that one can communicate with Shure ULXD wireless receivers as well as some Nexo amps :)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
CL-5 and ULX-D
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »

I've liked this idea for a long time and welcome it.  I suppose they want the clients to stay under the Harman "umbrella", so only AKG...

One cool thing about the Yamaha CL desks is that one can communicate with Shure ULXD wireless receivers as well as some Nexo amps :)

Hopefully someday you'll be able to communicate with the ULX-D from a CL-5 console, but currently what you can do is see it as an available source on the network, and patch it to the Dante inputs of the console. It would be great if Yamaha is able to work with Shure and get access to the RF meter, Battery meter, and receiver gain.

Mac

Mike Maly

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »

The Realtime Rack is only for VI consoles. This product does not work with SI products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Maly Sound:
Hear the difference

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »

The Vi consoles talk to the AKG wireless through the HiQnet network protocol which is Harmon. It would be cool if it could talk with other manufacturers.
Ah well...the new 4.8 software does some nice stuff. Maybe one day all the soft buttons will be enabled.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »

We just installed a Realtime Rack system on our Vi4 console.  It is pretty impressive.  First off, the Realtime Rack can be used with ANY console that has a madi interface available.  It is only with the Vi consoles that you gain the onboard snapshot control via the HiQ network.  This really adds to the control power of the overall system, but has nothing to do with the ability to run the UAD plugins per se.  The components of the Realtime Rack system include: the 1 space processor which does the actual plug in processing and will handle 16 madi streams; a mac computer to run the interface (we are using a mac mini mounted in a 1 space rack enclosure; and a touchscreen monitor.  ( The mac runs software and drivers from touch-base.com which make Mac OS 10.9 and any software it runs fully touchscreen  operative!)  The way we have the system installed in the Vi4 console local rack only requires that the console connect to the rack via ethernet cable and the monitor connect to the rack via hdmi and usb cables.  Turn everything on and they are ready to go.  All plug in controls are done via the touchscreen monitor.  There is no need for a keyboard or mouse.  It is actually very much like operating a traditional piece of outboard rack gear sitting next to the console.  Pretty darn cool actually.  Very easy and natural feeling to use.  I will probably catch flack for saying this, but we also own an SC48 with an extended Waves plug in bundle.  I have years of past studio experience using original pultec, neve, 1176, dbx160, etc.  To my ears, the waves plug ins sound like pretty good representations of the originals, the UAD plugins sound like the originals.  Anyway, very cool stuff.  Our Facebook page has some photos and a short video.

https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:06:30 PM by Steve Payne »
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 11:40:08 PM »

Our Facebook page has some photos and a short video.

Real cool, thank you for this.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 11:40:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.