ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear-Com tempest echo  (Read 4429 times)

paulstanlyhudson

Clear-Com tempest echo
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »

I have used the tempest system before and never really had problems with it. However I'm on a show this week with a 2.4Gz tempest that I can not get to stop echoing I've run the auto null, and I have to echo cancellation enabled. But they still seem to be echoing pretty bad and they sound worse than I feel like they should. I've never thought they sounded good but these sound particularly gross. And ideas from someone who knows this rig better than me?

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Clear-Com tempest echo
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »

I have used the tempest system before and never really had problems with it. However I'm on a show this week with a 2.4Gz tempest that I can not get to stop echoing I've run the auto null, and I have to echo cancellation enabled. But they still seem to be echoing pretty bad and they sound worse than I feel like they should. I've never thought they sounded good but these sound particularly gross. And ideas from someone who knows this rig better than me?

Make sure you are not in shared mode.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

chrisdebrizzio

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »

i have found that echo cancel needs to be toggled on and off after auto nulling in recent firmware updates
check your other null points
check for 2w shorts

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »

Make sure you are not in shared mode.

Out of interest: Why? Does using shared mode (essentially making the packs half-duplex and sharing the 5 portable TX paths) make the units echo?
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:08 AM »

Out of interest: Why? Does using shared mode (essentially making the packs half-duplex and sharing the 5 portable TX paths) make the units echo?

In shared mode the side tone is not generated locally. You listen to the base. To minimize the echo listen is ducked when you talk.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

paulstanlyhudson

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »

I wasn't in shared mode and I didn't have any other null points. I ended up toggling the echo cancel off and on a few times just trying to sort it out and it did seem to clear up. I thought that was a coincidence, but maybe it wasn't.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »

We have tempest 900 is a rolling rack.  90% of the time it lives in our main theater but occasionally goes to other spaces....  At times the auto echo cancel has not worked for me either, and I have had to re null, and toggle auto echo a couple times and it fixes itself. 

I suppose I could see if a software update is available... 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.