ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need to do lights as well?  (Read 9304 times)

Rob Gow

Re: Do I need to do lights as well?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 06:52:49 PM »

So you bring out $10,000+ worth of lighting gear and set it up, run it and tear it down for only $500?

Yeah. Gotta love living in a small town. The problem is, if I charged $1,000 for the works, they'd pretty much collect dust all year.

I make more from DJ'ing than from providing sound for bands, weddings, school dances, etc. There's honestly not a lot of money to be made from the bar scene, I'm sure most are aware of that. This weekend I went to three hotspots in the big city. Two of them were an S.O.S. affair run poorly, the other place had a couple pairs if QSC something's a small 16ch board, 3 monitors and yeah they basically did what they could. All 3 places are passionate about live music, hats off to them but I can tell there's just not a lot of money to be made from that scene at that level.

I'll probably end up in a bigger city someday, people tell me I could make a killing there, or so I hear. But at double the price. Kind of is what it is. The lights are all paid for from income, and its just a matter of depreciating them over time. Like I said, my goal is to expand what I do into the next town on each side. I've landed a couple gigs on the one side, haven't tried very hard on the other side yet.

Baby steps.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:39:07 PM by Rob Gow »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Do I need to do lights as well?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 06:52:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.