ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me choosing sound system setup.  (Read 8073 times)

Onlin Barna

Help me choosing sound system setup.
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »

Hello. Now our company will have a bigger amount to spend on a new sound system, its about 15.000$.

What we are doing: PA system on sport shows (equestrian sport) which some times big outdoor events, large places.
Also some parties (also outdoor, up to 500 ppl).

Im considering on JBL PRX series and dB Flexsys series, but I also listen to any option.

Mainly (I think) we would have to buy 4x  big tops (2x15"), 4x monitors (12") and 4x subs.

Tops: Im considering JBL PRX 725, 735 and dB Flexsys F 315 or F 212. 4 pieces would do all the job.

Monitors: 4x JBL PRX 712 or dB Flexsys F 12. On stage I would use for monitors, on sport events for normal tops.

Subs: Im not sure I must buy active series (JBL 718 xlf or dB sub 18d), I also looking at cerwin-vega folded horns. Maybe 4x AB-36c with 2x phonic xp 5000 amplifiers.

Anyway, there is a new series at dB called Sigma, thats also interesting for me.

I would listen to anybody's option, recommendations. Im not stick to any manufacturers but these are the best in the shops in my country (Hungary).  QSC KW 153 also nice but a little heavy for mobile system.

Onlin Barna

Re: Help me choosing sound system setup.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:42:32 AM »

a version:
Tops: 4x Flexsys 212
Monitors: 4x Flexsys F12
Subs: 4x Sigma S118

Eddy Houk

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »

a version:
Tops: 4x Flexsys 212
Monitors: 4x Flexsys F12
Subs: 4x Sigma S118
Where are you located? I have 12 DB Tech DVA T4 that might work for you?

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »

Hello. Now our company will have a bigger amount to spend on a new sound system, its about 15.000$.

What we are doing: PA system on sport shows (equestrian sport) which some times big outdoor events, large places.
Also some parties (also outdoor, up to 500 ppl).

Im considering on JBL PRX series and dB Flexsys series, but I also listen to any option.

Mainly (I think) we would have to buy 4x  big tops (2x15"), 4x monitors (12") and 4x subs.

Tops: Im considering JBL PRX 725, 735 and dB Flexsys F 315 or F 212. 4 pieces would do all the job.

Monitors: 4x JBL PRX 712 or dB Flexsys F 12. On stage I would use for monitors, on sport events for normal tops.

Subs: Im not sure I must buy active series (JBL 718 xlf or dB sub 18d), I also looking at cerwin-vega folded horns. Maybe 4x AB-36c with 2x phonic xp 5000 amplifiers.

Anyway, there is a new series at dB called Sigma, thats also interesting for me.

I would listen to anybody's option, recommendations. Im not stick to any manufacturers but these are the best in the shops in my country (Hungary).  QSC KW 153 also nice but a little heavy for mobile system.
If you choose JBL Prx then get matching tops and PRX 18" subs.
If you go with DB Flex then go with matching DB tops and  DB subs.
Best not to mix and match different brands of tops and subs.

Onlin Barna

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »

If you choose JBL Prx then get matching tops and PRX 18" subs.
If you go with DB Flex then go with matching DB tops and  DB subs.
Best not to mix and match different brands of tops and subs.

I see. Now Im thinking about buying only PRX 715 speakers for both tops and monitors. In price, isn't it worth to buy cerwin-vega folded subs for them? They have higher SPL for the price then active PRX subs.

Onlin Barna

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »

Where are you located? I have 12 DB Tech DVA T4 that might work for you?

I'm not interested in line array speakers, by the way I'm located in Hungary  :)

Onlin Barna

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »

I'm also looking at QSC kW series.

Can anybody say pros & contras about JBL PRX vs QSC kW series?

I'm wondering if any brand's subs are enough for an outdoor 500 people party? Because they are mostly bass reflex and ~ 133-135dB peak each. For example 4x QSC kW 181 or JBL PRX 718 XLF for outdoor?

Jared Koopman

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »

I'm also looking at QSC kW series.

Can anybody say pros & contras about JBL PRX vs QSC kW series?

I'm wondering if any brand's subs are enough for an outdoor 500 people party? Because they are mostly bass reflex and ~ 133-135dB peak each. For example 4x QSC kW 181 or JBL PRX 718 XLF for outdoor?

I have the QSC KW153 + 4 x KW181. To my ears I preferred the QSC over the JBL PRX 6xx but both systems are very similar. I have not heard the newer PRX 7xxx series so perhaps they are different?

What type of party and how loud do you want it to be? If its EDM then I personally would want more than 4 x of the KW181/PRX718. If its a live band and you dont want rock concert levels, 4 might work for you.

Onlin Barna

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:50 AM »

I have the QSC KW153 + 4 x KW181. To my ears I preferred the QSC over the JBL PRX 6xx but both systems are very similar. I have not heard the newer PRX 7xxx series so perhaps they are different?

What type of party and how loud do you want it to be? If its EDM then I personally would want more than 4 x of the KW181/PRX718. If its a live band and you dont want rock concert levels, 4 might work for you.

Thanks for the info. Yes I also want EDM parties  so I will need 6-8 subs as I see. Now I read a lot on forums etc. and I found lot of people find PRX 718 sound nicer then kW subs, its also better price (6-8 pieces would be soo expensive :O ), so I think I will stay at PRX.

Are 4x PRX 715 tops enough for matching 8x PRX 718 subs?

lionel rodrigues

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 05:38:30 AM »

Thanks for the info. Yes I also want EDM parties  so I will need 6-8 subs as I see. Now I read a lot on forums etc. and I found lot of people find PRX 718 sound nicer then kW subs, its also better price (6-8 pieces would be soo expensive :O ), so I think I will stay at PRX.

Are 4x PRX 715 tops enough for matching 8x PRX 718 subs?

Seems to be a good enough ratio, just get the tops high enough and splayed out a bit

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 05:38:30 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.