ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UHF question  (Read 3035 times)

Guy Morris

UHF question
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »

Hi
Have a job coming up with 6 IEM s for performers and original plan was to give them hand held radio mics for singing, however the producer now wants to use headsets as it is more suitable for the show content ( very theatrical it transpires). The kit is Sennheiser and it will now involve two belt packs per person one as Tx the other Rx which he wants to put in a belt pouch. My concern is that there could be interaction between the two if in such close proximity? I always have my IEM rack a distance from the Radio mic rack as advised so having Rx and tx belt packs next to each other sounds like a recipe for issues!

Your advice please.

Thanks

Scott Helmke

Re: UHF question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

Separate pouches and body locations if at all possible. Hopefully your IEM and mic systems are in different frequency bands, though you could also try to set things up so that each pair is tuned as far apart as possible.

One other trick I've heard of is to have the antennas going in opposite directions, so that they're as far apart as possible.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »

Separate pouches and body locations if at all possible. Hopefully your IEM and mic systems are in different frequency bands, though you could also try to set things up so that each pair is tuned as far apart as possible.

One other trick I've heard of is to have the antennas going in opposite directions, so that they're as far apart as possible.
+1
Its best to let the beltpack TX sit with the antenna horisontal and the IEM vertical (or the other way around). Also non-crappy IEM receivers help ;-)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »

+1
Its best to let the beltpack TX sit with the antenna horisontal and the IEM vertical (or the other way around). Also non-crappy IEM receivers help ;-)
++1...Keep them as far apart as physically possible and try to use frequency bands for TX  that are far apart as possible from RX.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »

++1...Keep them as far apart as physically possible and try to use frequency bands for TX  that are far apart as possible from RX.

And include all the frequencies in your intermod calculation.

Mac

Mike Maly

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »

And include all the frequencies in your intermod calculation.

Mac

+one million...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Maly Sound:
Hear the difference

Guy Morris

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »

Thanks guys

Great advice. Its all Sennheiser G3 and I have had good results with 4 RX /TX together but there is a lot more RF on this event so the frequency gap narrows. Will do the horizontal and vertical idea as well as the distance separation with paired packs. Client has agreed to place a BP either side to the back of the performer so at least 8" space or 12" if they are Pavarotti class:)

Cheers Mac for the added comment just in will do!

Guy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.