ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PRX715 options.  (Read 5275 times)

bruce gering

JBL PRX715 options.
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »

Hi folks! I'm looking for a powered wedge with a little more beef to it than the many models of 12"+1" out there. It seems that not many lines feature a wedge angle on a 15" model. What else should i be looking at? I know many of you will say that XXX yyy 112m does great for them, but I still feel the need for more beef than a typical 1x12" has to offer.

I get requests for Bass guitar, lower end on keys, Kick etc. from some performers in the mons. Your typical 1x12" powered wedge just can't handle it. I have some passive 1x15" that do a great job, but are heavy, and require the amplification. I am looking to lighten the load and increase the truck space.

What else besides the PRX 715 should I be looking at?

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: JBL PRX715 options.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »

Hi folks! I'm looking for a powered wedge with a little more beef to it than the many models of 12"+1" out there. It seems that not many lines feature a wedge angle on a 15" model. What else should i be looking at? I know many of you will say that XXX yyy 112m does great for them, but I still feel the need for more beef than a typical 1x12" has to offer.

I get requests for Bass guitar, lower end on keys, Kick etc. from some performers in the mons. Your typical 1x12" powered wedge just can't handle it. I have some passive 1x15" that do a great job, but are heavy, and require the amplification. I am looking to lighten the load and increase the truck space.

For a little more coin, I'd be looking at the RCF NX 15-SMA.  It's a really nice coaxial 15" powered monitor for the money.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »

Maybe  Electro-Voice ELX115P? I have the ELX1112P's and the monitor angle is perfect. I think the 15 has the same angle.  I would not be afraid to send all the stuff you mentioned thru my 12's so I'm sure the 15s can handle it.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »

Also, the EV ZXa5 might work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »

Self powered only?

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

QSC KW152 fits the bill as well. Like PRX715, also has wedge angle.

bruce gering

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

QSC KW152 fits the bill as well. Like PRX715, also has wedge angle.

Are you sure about that Sam? I see conflicting pictures on the QSC website. Do you actually have some of these or have you used them? Just want to be sure. Thanks!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »

I have the KW122, not the KW152. I seemed to remember their being wedge angles - so I went to their website and saw a picture that seemed to have a wedge angle.

Steve Garris

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »

I have the KW122, not the KW152. I seemed to remember their being wedge angles - so I went to their website and saw a picture that seemed to have a wedge angle.

Looking at the manual, the KW122 is the only one with a viable floor-monitor angle. Looks to be about 50 deg.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.