ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mandatory tipping of a bus driver.  (Read 15175 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Mandatory tipping of a bus driver.
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »

Tim,
I read every word and watched every video. In this state we have people in government who feel it best to give illegal immigrants free tuition to state college, drivers licenses, welfare, food stamps, Mass health, etc.. And not one of these people, including Obama's uncle have paid into the system.

My father, a WWII veteran is dying. He survived Normandy and 5 other battles. I called our towns veterans rep to ask about possible help with hospice, perhaps with the VA 5 miles from my home. I was told there was nothing he or the VA could do to help. The costs from my pocket per day will be $400. What I want to do right now is punch the shit out of people. People who don't care, people who abuse those less fortunate than themselves. Fuck you Obama, the VA rep from my town, and any living person who thinks it's OK to dishonor people of the greatest generation like my father. Anything for people who abuse the system, and nothing for a 91 year old WWII hero.

Rant over, lock the thread. 
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59:44 PM »

Bob - my wife works in healthcare, she was pretty certain the va offers hospice and palliative care.  I assume you have checked out: http://www.va.gov/geriatrics/guide/longtermcare/Hospice_and_Palliative_Care.asp#

Sorry to hear it is so difficult to get your father the care he needs and deserves.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »

Tim,
I read every word and watched every video. In this state we have people in government who feel it best to give illegal immigrants free tuition to state college, drivers licenses, welfare, food stamps, Mass health, etc.. And not one of these people, including Obama's uncle have paid into the system.

My father, a WWII veteran is dying. He survived Normandy and 5 other battles. I called our towns veterans rep to ask about possible help with hospice, perhaps with the VA 5 miles from my home. I was told there was nothing he or the VA could do to help. The costs from my pocket per day will be $400. What I want to do right now is punch the shit out of people. People who don't care, people who abuse those less fortunate than themselves. Fuck you Obama, the VA rep from my town, and any living person who thinks it's OK to dishonor people of the greatest generation like my father. Anything for people who abuse the system, and nothing for a 91 year old WWII hero.

Rant over, lock the thread.

Medicare paid for my mom's hospice care.  Sorry to hear you've encountered bureaucrats who don't understand their own system.  One of my retired IATSE brothers is receiving palliative care from the V.A.

I hope you dad's passing will be peaceful and free from pain.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »

Bob, good luck with your dad... While there is an implicit promise of care for all former service members I suspect there are high hurdles set up to keep it from being too easy to get. Otherwise their facilities would be overwhelmed. They are certainly being kept busy with all the maimed service members who would have died during former conflicts. And the expanded diagnosis of mental afflictions. 

Be well...you too.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.