ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NOW I understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7501 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
NOW I understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »

This explains why rental systems are not very consistent------------------

From a cable manufacturer:

"Cables require a total of 400 to 500 hours to completely break in. If you ordered our 2 day cable break-in service, your cables will arrive with the equivalent of 96 hours on them. If you ordered the extended 5 day breakin, the equivalent of 240 hours will be on them.

The "difficult stage" of the breakin, where the cables might be hard to listen to is between 50 to 100 hours. There can be brief periods however past this point. If you have an evening where they are hard to listen to, do not fret, this will quickly go away. All should be well the next day. When full breakin is reached, there will be no more changes with the sound.

Our cables are meant to be hooked up and left alone. If you later move your cables, 1 to 2 days might be required for them to "settle" into their new positions. If you notice a change in the sound, all will return after the 1 to 2 days. Again, do not fret!

All cable products require a break-in time for the sound quality to reach the maximum potential for that product. It can be a sonic roller coaster ride during break-in."
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: NOW I understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »

"Cables require a total of 400 to 500 hours to completely break in. If you ordered our 2 day cable break-in service, your cables will arrive with the equivalent of 96 hours on them. If you ordered the extended 5 day breakin, the equivalent of 240 hours will be on them.

The "difficult stage" of the breakin, where the cables might be hard to listen to is between 50 to 100 hours. There can be brief periods however past this point. If you have an evening where they are hard to listen to, do not fret, this will quickly go away. All should be well the next day. When full breakin is reached, there will be no more changes with the sound.

Our cables are meant to be hooked up and left alone. If you later move your cables, 1 to 2 days might be required for them to "settle" into their new positions. If you notice a change in the sound, all will return after the 1 to 2 days. Again, do not fret!

All cable products require a break-in time for the sound quality to reach the maximum potential for that product. It can be a sonic roller coaster ride during break-in."

Guess that's why most shows sound like poo until the 3rd or 4th night of a 5 night run......
 ;D"Sonic roller coaster" indeed. ;D

Who actually writes this drivel, and worse, how can comeone believe it ?
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Guy Graham

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »

Guess that's why most shows sound like poo until the 3rd or 4th night of a 5 night run......
 ;D"Sonic roller coaster" indeed. ;D

Who actually writes this drivel, and worse, how can comeone believe it ?

Google "Russ Andrews" for plenty more giggles of this type - they don't just stop at cable, everything from mains treatment to hifi component support gets soaked with his slippery snake oil, all full of the same sort of absurd claims to justify the ridiculous prices!

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:57:39 AM »

"Cables require a total of 400 to 500 hours to completely break in.

Makes sense when they are plated with unobtainium.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »

Wow! My math has been off all this time!  I thought there was 48 hours in a two day period!  Either that, or there's 48 hours in a day!

The "difficult stage" of the breakin, where the cables might be hard to listen to is between 50 to 100 hours.

What (cough) reputable dealer/reseller would offer a premium service (2-day breakin) that would deliver to the purchaser cable when performing at its worst?  They should at least offer a three-day service minimum so the cables are past the 100 hour difficult stage (3*48 hours/day=144 hours)

Sheesh!  What kind of outfit is running this?

frank

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »

I wonder how they achieve 200% break-in time?  Are they doing this in some other dimension?  Do they play two different programs through the same cables at the same time (symphonic and heavy metal just to maximize the bandwidth and dynamic range)?

The "difficult stage" of the breakin, where the cables might be hard to listen to is between 50 to 100 hours.

No, the difficult stage of the break in happens about 20 days later.

When your credit card statement arrives.   >:(

GTD

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »

Makes sense when they are plated with unobtainium.

More like Balonium.

Steve.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »

Wow! My math has been off all this time!  I thought there was 48 hours in a two day period!  Either that, or there's 48 hours in a day!

frank
Actually you can buy special "break in boxes" that will accelerate the break in of cables-so you don't have to wait so long for your system to sound right..

They use special "tones" that "align" the electrons.

HEY---- I don't make this stuff up!!!!!!!!

With the right marketing you can sell anything-just look at the pet rock craze years ago.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »

With the right marketing you can sell anything-just look at the pet rock craze years ago.

My pet rock is not crazy, stop making fun of him!  ;D
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »

Ivan, I think you secretly take pleasure from this...  It scares me for what it says about typical consumers.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.