ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carvin XD360 3X6 LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM???  (Read 3593 times)

Michael A. Yates

Carvin XD360 3X6 LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM???
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »

Anyone using a Carvin XD360 3X6 LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM??? Are they any good? Compared to similar Ashley and DBX products?

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Carvin XD360 3X6 LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »

Anyone using a Carvin XD360 3X6 LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM??? Are they any good? Compared to similar Ashley and DBX products?

Have you asked the guys on the Carvin board. They are very honest about Carvin equipment they own. If they don't like it they'll tell you. Most of them, if they own it have probably also owned a DBX in the past.  I looked athis unit myself but decided on a DRPA+. Cannot remember why I went with the driverack but it was something minor.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »

Nope, but I encountered Carvin's XD88 processor a couple years ago.  Keen little unit that did a lot of stuff.  The guy that owned it replaced it with a dbx because of the UI.  When I saw it, he was using the Carvin for a delay ring.  It was one of those things that would be a cool "Swiss Army Knife" dsp box for small, knowledgeable system operators but most of Carvin's audience didn't need the utility it offered.  I heard they sold <500 units.  Too bad, it was probably the most interesting and sophisticated system product they'd offered.

I think the 360 is a more feature rich processor than any of the DRPA series.  Better?  I don't know.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Gus Housen

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »

The xd 88 indeed looked like a interesting product, it was priced incredibly well for what it did, but not really priced in the carvin owners market.

I wanted to get one to do processing on passive monitors but its gone.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.