ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HK Audio Elements Series???  (Read 11150 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: HK Audio Elements Series???
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »

I do sometimes think the studio orientation of the magazine leads to live sound product reviews containing too much basic info

In the 1990s there was a magazine titled Sound On Stage. I assume it was from the same production team.

It didn't last long, probably due to limited demand, but I wish I still had my copies.

There was a feature which was spread over three or four months about Pink Floyd's PA, how it developed and how it turned into Britannia Row Productions.

I would love to read that article again.

Steve.

Guy Graham

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »

In the 1990s there was a magazine titled Sound On Stage. I assume it was from the same production team.

It didn't last long, probably due to limited demand, but I wish I still had my copies.

There was a feature which was spread over three or four months about Pink Floyd's PA, how it developed and how it turned into Britannia Row Productions.

I would love to read that article again.

Steve.

I have definitely read a comprehensive account of that very story -  it was a while ago and I don't remember where, but I'd take an educated guess it was online.

I guess it is quite a well known evolution, especially in the UK, so there's every chance the story was considered of interest - enough for it to have been written more than once.

I vaguely recall the details coming from an interview ... Tony Andrews perhaps? He's certainly never been shy when anyone with a dictaphone, notepad, camera, ears etc asks him about his business and history.

I wonder how long Sound on Stage lasted? It's not one I remember and I'm sure I'd have taken notice if I'd seen it.

Steve - do you remember that free newspaper-style magazine they gave away in music shops back in the early 90's? I think it was just called Music or Musician Monthly...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.