ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on iem's  (Read 26953 times)

Gil Navarro

Re: Advice on iem's
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

Check out the Engineer mode. If you have a spare reciever you can sync everyone's frequency and just hit the up/down button to go between them. That way you can hear what they are hearing (if you have the same type of buds/molds of course).

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »

Congrats, Debbie.  Sounds like you made some good decisions on the systems and the extra receiver (well... extra system).

Lots to learn, but it will be easier with actual hardware in your hot little hands versus the theoretical.

Keep us posted.

frank

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »

A member has pointed out that the rebate form states 'Internet Auction Site purchases excluded'. I purchased through ebay from an authorized dealer..
However, I spoke to someone in the rebate dept who said as long as the retailer is an Authorized dealer, it will be valid and the store has confirmed. I hope I get the rebate.
I read something a long time ago that according to law, the company is not obligated to refund the money (which doesn't seem fair) under any circumstances anyway it is up to the companies discretion. If I don't qualify, I got a good deal on both systems so it will still be a satisfactory result.... (I hope I get it though)....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »

I read something a long time ago that according to law, the company is not obligated to refund the money (which doesn't seem fair) under any circumstances anyway it is up to the companies discretion. If I don't qualify, I got a good deal on both systems so it will still be a satisfactory result.... (I hope I get it though)....
Debbie, in my experience if the rebate is legitimate and thru an authorized dealer ( internet or not) then you generally get it back. If not, your recourse is to report the dealer to the OEM (Senn) and it may cause that dealer issues at authorization review/renewal time.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »

Debbie, in my experience if the rebate is legitimate and thru an authorized dealer ( internet or not) then you generally get it back. If not, your recourse is to report the dealer to the OEM (Senn) and it may cause that dealer issues at authorization review/renewal time.

Good to know Steve ..thanks. I'll definitely fight the good fight if indeed it becomes necessary  ;)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »

My iem's are getting delivered today.
I have a question. How could I incorporate a mixing console on stage to allow the musicians to adjust their own levels whilst keeping 4 separate mixes ? - direct outs?. Is it even something worth doing?

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »

My iem's are getting delivered today.
I have a question. How could I incorporate a mixing console on stage to allow the musicians to adjust their own levels whilst keeping 4 separate mixes ? - direct outs?. Is it even something worth doing?

Certainly your Qu has an iPad interface, or iPhone?
Mark McFarlane

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »

To elaborate....
I will have 2 Senny EW300's running in mono able to service 4 players wirelessly
I will have 2 Behringer MA400 headphone amps able to service 2 players wired.

I have a small format mixer I could use on stage which would allow the musicians to be self sufficient in their control of mix. I am getting confused because it looks like there are couple different ways to get these 2 iem systems working. I just need to know the most efficient and flexible way.
If that means I can utilize the small mixer for more flexibility, I'd like to do that. However, if incorporating the mixer gives me no more flexibility or introduces noise, I accept that and I'll just use the Senn packs and headphone amps as is.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »

Certainly your Qu has an iPad interface, or iPhone?

Yes, I use the ipad to remotely mix.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »

Yes, I use the ipad to remotely mix.
I think Mark's question was a little different - for example, with the Presonus I can have an IPad  doing all mixing, but the interface also allows performers hook into the mixer with IPhones )or IPads)  to control their own mix - part of the presonus  package.  The interface has permission controls so as to keep the FOH mix firmly in your hands.  Other folks mix FOH on one ipad, and monitors by another person on a separate IPad.

Mark was asking whether the QU also had that functionality. 

As far as I've read, the QU currently only supports one Ipad period.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.