ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recall band settings on Digital Console  (Read 2706 times)

Nate Armstrong

Recall band settings on Digital Console
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

I had a question with budget digital consoles ( x32, m32, Si compact, si expression )

After sound checking the main act. can you save ALL settings / levels and then check the opening band with the same input channels as the main band uses. After striking the opening band and re attaching the channels for the main band. Can one then easily recall all the settings, Or must each band have there own set of channels.

thanks

martindrost

Re: Recall band settings on Digital Console
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »

I had a question with budget digital consoles ( x32, m32, Si compact, si expression )

After sound checking the main act. can you save ALL settings / levels and then check the opening band with the same input channels as the main band uses. After striking the opening band and re attaching the channels for the main band. Can one then easily recall all the settings, Or must each band have there own set of channels.

thanks

With the X32, M32 you can.
greetings,

Martin

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

thanks

Yes, once you are done with sound check and saved the show file to both the desk and a USB stick, you can reuse whatever channels, dynamics, EQ, etc that you want.

In another post I commented that in the Ye Olde Dayz we needed 54+ pair snakes and 48+ channel mixers in order to accommodate support acts on leftover channels.  Not any more, particularly if you have sub-snakes that connect to your splitter via multi-pin, like the AMP CPC or CMC.  Or you can do the old fashioned XLR repatch, with a legal pad, label tape and a Sharpie pen.

It will be important to know what you're saving in the console, though.  Some, like the X32, are kind of confusing at first.. did I save the whole thing.... console configuration, routing, personal preferences (select on solo, etc), or did I just save the channel strips and parameter libraries?  Get to know your console by actually saving things and recalling them in as many different ways as your desk allows.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim "mixes with ones and zeros" Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:17:19 AM »

With an Expression everything can be saved as a scene or venue, then recalled or updated during the show without interruption at any time using a single button.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:28:51 AM »

Oh this makes me feel warm inside.  Still saving my penny's but its getting close.

So in theory I could even save the bands i mix for frequently to thumb drives and then recall them for the next show and already have a decent  ruff mix.  The same would apply to FOH eq settings for venues i frequent often. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Oh this makes me feel warm inside.  Still saving my penny's but its getting close.

So in theory I could even save the bands i mix for frequently to thumb drives and then recall them for the next show and already have a decent  ruff mix.  The same would apply to FOH eq settings for venues i frequent often.

I have show files for local support acts we see often.  Where these save time is mundane stuff - labeling the digital scribble strips, setting up routing and EFX... having files really helps.  The other things that are variable.. EQ, channel compression, sometimes input gains... tend to vary from show to show.  Turning a trim up or down 4dB isn't materially different than turning the knob fully up or down.  Not a big time saver by itself.

Don't mislead yourself or be misled by others - saving a band's file is not a form of Instant Soup for the Soul, but it's a good way to begin.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.