ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wired headset mic options?  (Read 1758 times)

Mark McFarlane

Wired headset mic options?
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »

I have a singer acoustic guitar player friend who wants to pick up a wired headset mic.

Is the Crown CM311 still the 'standard' in this arena? Any other contenders to look at?
Mark McFarlane

Jordan Wolf

Re: Wired headset mic options?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »

I have a singer acoustic guitar player friend who wants to pick up a wired headset mic.

Is the Crown CM311 still the 'standard' in this arena? Any other contenders to look at?
Mark,

I think it really depends on how loud the stage volume is, if they need to hear their vocals in a wedge, and how close/far the loudspeakers are to the mic "typically".

In a large venue with a large microphone-to-loudspeaker distance using IEMs and an attentive audience, they might get away with a Countryman E6; on a small bar stage with Speakers On Sticks a few feet away, cheap wedges with poor pattern control, and a noisy crowd, it will be tough to get much to play nice.

Any reason to forego a mic on a boom stand with an A/T AE5400 or Heil PR22/35?
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »

Mark,

I think it really depends on how loud the stage volume is, if they need to hear their vocals in a wedge, and how close/far the loudspeakers are to the mic "typically".

In a large venue with a large microphone-to-loudspeaker distance using IEMs and an attentive audience, they might get away with a Countryman E6; on a small bar stage with Speakers On Sticks a few feet away, cheap wedges with poor pattern control, and a noisy crowd, it will be tough to get much to play nice.

Any reason to forego a mic on a boom stand with an A/T AE5400 or Heil PR22/35?

Thanks Jordan.  This is for a worship setting.  Fairly large venue (600 seated), very wide, not very deep, a really crappy low end Yamaha (BR series I think) wedge somewhere nearby.  Solo performances (mostly).  No boom because he doesn't want to have to keep pointed at a fixed mic location.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.