ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hornless monitor  (Read 13141 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Hornless monitor
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »

Possibly both...

Bill Burford

Re: Horn monitor
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

I kinda like that idea.   I speculate I could turn down the stage and have a cleaner mix on stage / more separation.   
This forum helped me

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Horn monitor
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »

The thing with me is i dont keep my head in one spot whem playing, i move it from side to side and stuff. how large in diameter is the listening window of that horn ?
The potato masher dispersion is roughly 90 degree conical, you would have to have a double jointed neck to get out of the coverage pattern  :).

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »

i guess this isnt in a honkey tonk. its not wearing protection either, either.

I've had only one good eye for the last 17 days, so reading and such has been interesting, to say the least.

I keep reading the topic heading as "homeless monitor".  The mental picture is a bunch of beat to s*** wedges lined up on the sidewalk outside the Salvation Army center.

See you later...I'm hoping.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Thomas Harkin

• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »

I've had only one good eye for the last 17 days, so reading and such has been interesting, to say the least.

I keep reading the topic heading as "homeless monitor".  The mental picture is a bunch of beat to s*** wedges lined up on the sidewalk outside the Salvation Army center.

I have TWO good eyes, and I thought the same thing!!!   :-\

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »

well , when i was in school i was a hall monitor. i got the s*** beat out of me by the other kids and was given several wedgies. after school i went to the Salvation army center so they could save my life.

Robert Abrams

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »

I have four wedges with them, that I bought from the company I worked for and used the potato mashers for years. In the 80’s-90’s, they were on all our monitor wedge's and sounded great. I loved them. Today there are certainly better products on the market, but, I would not hesitate to break out the ones that I have and mix monitors with them. I have yet to use them with a digital console.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber