ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Quality on New Wireless Shure GLX-D  (Read 2718 times)

David Hoover

Sound Quality on New Wireless Shure GLX-D
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:46:18 PM »

Has anyone used the new Shure GLX-D, especially with the Beta 87a capsule?  I am curious how it compares to systems I regularly use for live speech and live vocals.  Regularly I use Shure UHF-R and ULX-P systems with DPA headsets and Beta 87a mics.  Occationally I have used Senn. ew500 with the 835 and/or 965 handheld capsules.  I really like the ew500 as well as the UHF-R's.  To me, the dynamic range of the ULX-P is not natural sounding and requires light compression all the time.  We bought some of the Senn. wireless systems because they don't cost as much, but the sound quality and dynamic range are still really good and enjoyable to listen to.

That being said, How does the Shure GLX-D stand up to Shure's bold claims?  Have any of you guys used this system and how does it sound in comparison?  Is there another brand/model of wireless you recommend in that 500-600 dollar street price like the GLX-D?

Thanks,

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
Re: Sound Quality on New Wireless Shure GLX-D
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:12:24 AM »

Hi David,

I've used a pgx-d with a B58 capsule. It sounded great, I could not pick any loss of quality from a standard wired B58!
Although B87's are not my favourite, I suspect it would be just as transparent with a B87 capsule on it. I don't think the budget price reflects sound quality, rather things such as, only 8 units maximum, non rack mountable etc.

Darren
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:16:20 AM by Darren Scaresbrook »

David Hoover

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »

Hi David,

I've used a pgx-d with a B58 capsule. It sounded great, I could not pick any loss of quality from a standard wired B58!
Although B87's are not my favourite, I suspect it would be just as transparent with a B87 capsule on it. I don't think the budget price reflects sound quality, rather things such as, only 8 units maximum, non rack mountable etc.

Darren

Great thanks Darren. An other experiences?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.