ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New board for "rent-able" system  (Read 7328 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: New board for "rent-able" system
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:22 PM »

Thanks for the replies all.  Expression is more or less sitting at the top of my list at the moment, I've played on a friend's Compact and it's just as easy to get around on as my Presonus was.  Just trying to see what other options are there.

The manufacturers have given us some interesting choices, sometimes the differences are nuanced but important (input channel processing order, gate/comp/ducker side chains, etc).  I think anyone looking for a new digital mixer to replace their GL2400 and some dbx comps & gates will find most of the previously named suspects to be acceptable.

I've touched/seen/played with a couple of the Soundcrafts, wasn't blown away by them but didn't find anything wrong that couldn't be fixed with some quality time on the desk.  Same with X32 (and I now own it).  Not blown away but it works fine.

I'd like to try a Qu.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jared Koopman

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

The manufacturers have given us some interesting choices, sometimes the differences are nuanced but important (input channel processing order, gate/comp/ducker side chains, etc).  I think anyone looking for a new digital mixer to replace their GL2400 and some dbx comps & gates will find most of the previously named suspects to be acceptable.

I've touched/seen/played with a couple of the Soundcrafts, wasn't blown away by them but didn't find anything wrong that couldn't be fixed with some quality time on the desk.  Same with X32 (and I now own it).  Not blown away but it works fine.

I'd like to try a Qu.

There really isnt a "bad" one of the bunch. Find the one that fits your budget and operates like you need it to.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:47:44 AM »

There really isnt a "bad" one of the bunch. Find the one that fits your budget and operates like you need it to.

I think I'm gonna end up getting either the Expression or the Qu.  I'll be playing with an Expression pretty soon hopefully, even though I know it's gonna be similar.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

David Parker

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »

I'd like to try a Qu.
when I bought my LS9 there weren't all these choices! The only other option then was the mackie TT24 which was huge and had problems

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.