ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New board for "rent-able" system  (Read 7253 times)

Mike Sullivan

New board for "rent-able" system
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »

If you saw my other topic, I'm trying to replace my current rig with a smaller and more portable rig (QSC to RCF), and I'm going to be purchasing a new board soon to go with it.  The rig will mainly be for small bar work, and will on occasion be rented to trusted engineers/bands if needed.  Main goals are to have flying faders, recallable pre's, easy to use interface, & easy to use iPad app.  Would also like multi-tracking for personal use.  Current choices at the moment are:

Studiolive 24.4.2AI (already had the 24.4.2 and love it, but want to try something different, plus no flying faders/recallable pre)
Allen & Heath Qu-24
Soundcraft Si Expression 2
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Sammy Barr

Re: New board for "rent-able" system
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »

We have very pleased with the soundcraft. It usually takes only a few minutes to get a new operator up to speed. It sounds great and has been rock solid. The iPad ap is great with new updates coming. I have the multi digital card so recording is easy. Solid build.

David Parker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:20:48 AM »

I love my yamaha LS9-16. Probably out of the price range for what you intend, but as far as I can see, it's the only mixer on the market that will do more than 16 channels and do it in a rack space. If you can live with 16 channels I like mixers such as the mackie that uses an ipad solely for control. I'd buy one of them in a heartbeat if the bands I work for could get by on 16 channels.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »

The soundcraft expression and performer lines have rack mount options that exceed the I/O capabilities of the LS9.  I am a LS9 fan from years back, but it's getting REALLY long in the tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Thomas Le

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »

Si Expression is easy to walk up to, though you have to fork $500 USD for the multitrack card option, and that takes up the one slot. Si Performer has has the same layout but with full sweepable 4 band PEQ, DMX, and two slots but costs $9000 USD(?)

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »

I love my yamaha LS9-16. Probably out of the price range for what you intend, but as far as I can see, it's the only mixer on the market that will do more than 16 channels and do it in a rack space.
If you mean in a rack mount format then I believe the Behringer X32 RACK and X32 PRODUCER, the Soundcraft Si Expression 1 and Si Performer 1, the Roland M200i and M300 and the Allen & Heath Qu-16 all can support more than 16 inputs, either alone or with rack mount expansion I/O, in a rack mount format.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:57:41 AM by Brad Weber »

David Parker

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »

If you mean in a rack mount format then I believe the Behringer X32 RACK and X32 PRODUCER, the Soundcraft Si Expression 1 and Si Performer 1, the Roland M200i and M300 and the Allen & Heath Qu-16 all can support more than 16 inputs, either alone or with rack mount expansion I/O, in a rack mount format.
obviously I haven't kept up!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 12:09:50 PM »

obviously I haven't kept up!

iLive R72 + iDR64 will do 64 inputs and 32 outputs - and it fits in a rack! That is some density.

Search the forums. "What small digital console should I buy" is perhaps the most discussed issue in the lounge.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »

Thanks for the replies all.  Expression is more or less sitting at the top of my list at the moment, I've played on a friend's Compact and it's just as easy to get around on as my Presonus was.  Just trying to see what other options are there.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »

What is your budget?

I believe the QU16 maxes out at the delivered capacity, that is, not expandable. Yes, you can use a remote stage box but those inputs have to replace on-board inputs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.