ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment organization  (Read 4529 times)

Nate Armstrong

Equipment organization
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:35 AM »

I store my gear on my garage. I currently have 6 heavy duty shelving units to hold road cases, totes, mic cases
I have rubber maid fasttrack system that holds my truss sticks and ladders

My problem areas are all my speaker stands, truss lifts, T bar lifts and microphone stands ( mostly heavy round base style mic stands )   I currently just lean them in corners and the mic stands just free stand in an area.

Does anyone have any good tips or custom made holders for such items. horizontal hanging, vertical hanging ...  I really would like each item to have its own place that it always goes. 

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Equipment organization
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:14 PM »

I store my gear on my garage. I currently have 6 heavy duty shelving units to hold road cases, totes, mic cases
I have rubber maid fasttrack system that holds my truss sticks and ladders

My problem areas are all my speaker stands, truss lifts, T bar lifts and microphone stands ( mostly heavy round base style mic stands )   I currently just lean them in corners and the mic stands just free stand in an area.

Does anyone have any good tips or custom made holders for such items. horizontal hanging, vertical hanging ...  I really would like each item to have its own place that it always goes.

Unless you like handling every stand each time you load an unload, I'd keep them in a stand case:
http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/M_Series_Mic_Cases/MIC_STAND_CASE_SELECT.shtml

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »

This case design will hold 14 or 28 round base stands with clips and booms attached in a 45 x 45 x 11.25 or 22.5 inch depth.
The front gets a slide in "dagger board" with some finger holes.

The height and width may need to be increased if using the "hump back" bases.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:44:25 AM by Art Welter »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Be a nice guy Art. Build one and send it to me for free.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
Equipment organization
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »

This case design will hold 14 or 28 round base stands with clips and booms attached in a 45 x 45 x 11.25 or 22.5 inch depth.

The height and width may need to be increased if using the "hump back" bases.

We have one like that, certainly the largest and probably the heaviest case we own when it is fully loaded.
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »

We have one like that, certainly the largest and probably the heaviest case we own when it is fully loaded.

+1.  Another company in our area uses a case very similar to Art's.  It's big and heavy.  You have to know how to load the stands; it requires a bit of 3D spatial assessment and the ability to project the outcome a couple of layers deep.  I find this design awkward to move... it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

Round base stands seem to defy easy and convenient storage.  We went to trunks and just remove the bases.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:10 AM »

Still looking for some storage area organization ideas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MfzU-WhV1A

I think I am going to make larger versions of this You tube video shelving unit  ( some what imitating larger industrial steal adjustable shelving units )
On at least one unit I will leave the bottom shelf off so i can put my subs, rolling racks, and rolling cases in the bottom  shelf space.

and then also make a similar style built in for holding crank stands. This is the design i have so far

http://imgur.com/bEQORKo

I am thinking about hanging all my truss horizontally from the rafters on hooks to save floor space.  I will have to use a small stepping stool but all my sections are 3m and global truss so its not heavy.

I am also thinking im going to make a peg board or a dowel rod system that holds cables by size and type.

any thoughts or suggestions would be great.. Im going to start this project when it gets a little warmer
Thank you

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »

Still looking for some storage area organization ideas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MfzU-WhV1A

I think I am going to make larger versions of this You tube video shelving unit  ( some what imitating larger industrial steal adjustable shelving units )
On at least one unit I will leave the bottom shelf off so i can put my subs, rolling racks, and rolling cases in the bottom  shelf space.

{space snip}

I am thinking about hanging all my truss horizontally from the rafters on hooks to save floor space.  I will have to use a small stepping stool but all my sections are 3m and global truss so its not heavy.

I am also thinking im going to make a peg board or a dowel rod system that holds cables by size and type.

any thoughts or suggestions would be great.. Im going to start this project when it gets a little warmer
Thank you

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,148363.msg1362994.html#msg1362994
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.