ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound Flex - what to expect?  (Read 11377 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: Turbosound Flex - what to expect?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 11:03:44 AM »

Hi we are a company in goa. We are liking to purchase a line array capable of handling an event of 5000-10000 people. Band as well as electronic artist.

It has been recommended to us to pick the turbo sound flex for the same since we get more boxes for the same price of the flashline.  We need 12box a side for main stage and 6-8box a side for the two other smaller stages.

We are looking to get a total of 48tops and 32subs of the flex.

Just want to know will this petticoat model be good enough to deliver for the events mentioned above??

We were also considering the Jbl vertec Vtx or the Rcf TT 55/56 A.
But due to budgets will be able to pick only 24boxes in the same budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andre,
  We have several years under our belt now with the Turbo Flex Array system.  I would say that we are totally happy with every aspect of this system's performance in all regards.  Turbosound has been purchased by the Music Group, so I do not know what good or bad impact this will have on the future of Turbosound.  I can only hope.  The good news for those considering purchase ( and not so good news for those of us who have already purchased) is that Turbosound pricing just went down @ 30+% across the board.
  To your specific question.  12 to 16 Flex over 6 to 8 TSW218 subs per side will give you very good results for 8/10,000 punters outside.  I would suggest you seriously consider the 100 degree "Wide" version of the Flex.  I tried the 70 degree version and found it too narrow for our use.  Good luck.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »

As a touring engineer, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by flex.

I used it on a string of 6 shows in Germany and it performed very well.
Riedel Communications

Peter Morris

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

Andre,
  We have several years under our belt now with the Turbo Flex Array system.  I would say that we are totally happy with every aspect of this system's performance in all regards.  Turbosound has been purchased by the Music Group, so I do not know what good or bad impact this will have on the future of Turbosound.  I can only hope.  The good news for those considering purchase ( and not so good news for those of us who have already purchased) is that Turbosound pricing just went down @ 30+% across the board.
  To your specific question.  12 to 16 Flex over 6 to 8 TSW218 subs per side will give you very good results for 8/10,000 punters outside.  I would suggest you seriously consider the 100 degree "Wide" version of the Flex.  I tried the 70 degree version and found it too narrow for our use.  Good luck.

+1 Steve … and provided the Music Group can maintain Turbosound’s rider acceptance I welcome the 30% price reduction on both Turbosound and Midas. I was planning on buying more not selling any of them.

If Uli can ensure that the rider acceptance of these products remains or improves in the Pro market it equals $ for me. If it doesn’t then it’s very very ugly for me and the Music Group in the long term.

Andre - a few more comments:

The Flashline is MUCH more powerful (+10 - 12dB) than the Flex, The TT55, and JBL VTX25 are also more powerful.

I have not heard the VTX20 but it would be worth a look … the Flex with the 30% price reduction may however give you more bang for your buck.

If you buy the Flex, run it with Lake FIR processing. The 75 degree boxes are great for many venues but for outdoor festivals etc. the 100 degree box is much better.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:45:23 AM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.