ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cell phone plans...  (Read 7069 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Cell phone plans...
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Never seen a topic on this before so, what cell phone/plan/company do you have and what are you paying? I'm particularly curious to what people in countries other than the U.S. are paying.

Phone: Unlocked GSM Nexus 4(paid $250 new, off contract)
Plan: AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Plan; Unlimited Talk & Text, 2gb of data(additional data is $10 per gb); $60 per month($66 after tax)

James Feenstra

Re: Cell phone plans...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »

my personal/canadian phone is an iphone 5. Plan consists of unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited voicemail, call display, call forwarding, etc...and 3gb of data shared with my ipad....$106.22/mo after tax with rogers

my us plan is a galaxy s4 that i have no idea what the verizon plan is because it's paid for by my company
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »

I have 2 <not> smart phones. Me and the wife.
100 minutes shared, no data, no text, no features.
Mine's an LG flip something, and the wife's is a Nokia something or other.
In a usual month, we use between 5 and 15 minutes...... total.
$55.something CDN a month is the ransom I pay to Rogers for both phones.
.... and no, even though I am quite fluent in computer, I don't own a digital mixer, either !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:18:33 PM by Chris Hindle »
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »

I have 2 <not> smart phones. Me and the wife.
100 minutes shared, no data, no text, no features.
Mine's an LG flip something, and the wife's is a Nokia something or other.
In a usual month, we use between 5 and 15 minutes...... total.
$55.something CDN a month is the ransom I pay to Rogers for both phones.
.... and no, even though I am quite fluent in computer, I don't own a digital mixer, either !

That sounds like the plan and phones we had when I was on my parent's plan in High School (Class of 2007) during my junior/senior year(I didn't have a phone before I started driving).  ;D I couldn't see myself going back now... I'll gladly pay for my smartphone as it's too convenient not to have.

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »

AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Plan; Unlimited Talk & Text, 2gb of data(additional data is $10 per gb); $60 per month($66 after tax)
Hmmm...I also have AT&T as my service provider.  Everything's the same except I have 450 rollover minutes and I pay about $40 more than you.  Time to go change my plan.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:55 PM »

Hmmm...I also have AT&T as my service provider.  Everything's the same except I have 450 rollover minutes and I pay about $40 more than you.  Time to go change my plan.

A serious difference compared to here in Northern Ireland...im on the O2 network, using a Samsung Galaxy mini which I bought a few years ago off contract. I get unlimited anytime, any network mins (basically all landlines and mobiles throughtout UK, inc Voicemail), 1GB of data, and unlimited texts for £20/month! about $33/month
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »

2 iPhones. 850 anytime, unlimited night and weekends (which might tell you how old the plan is - circa 2005). Unlimited text and data. $145 a month us.  AT&T

Mark Olsen

• Canberra, Australia
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »

Here in Australia we seem to pay a bit more. I get $350 dollars of calls and 1.5G of data and an iPhone 5S on a 24 month contract for $55 dollars a month. That's with Virgin Mobile Australia.  I do get unlimited free calls as long as I stay within the virgin network, and luckily nearly everyone I talk to is on virgin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

my personal/canadian phone is an iphone 5. Plan consists of unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited voicemail, call display, call forwarding, etc...and 3gb of data shared with my ipad....$106.22/mo after tax with rogers
Hmmm...I think I need to have a conversation with Rogers. I've the same plan...and paying about $40 more than you. 6GB data, though, but I got that part when the iPhone first came out here ($20/mo promotion). Of course, I got that plan 6 years ago, when my bill on the old plan broke $350/mo. I imagine there's better options now.

James Wright

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »

My plan in the UK on T-mobile gives me 2000 minutes to any network, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £27 / month ($44).

Brought my iPhone 5 second hand, so sim only plan.

Interestingly the cost for roaming EU calls, texts and data has recently dropped significantly which has reduced my actually monthly bill by a huge amount.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.