ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cell phone plans...  (Read 7124 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Cell phone plans...
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Never seen a topic on this before so, what cell phone/plan/company do you have and what are you paying? I'm particularly curious to what people in countries other than the U.S. are paying.

Phone: Unlocked GSM Nexus 4(paid $250 new, off contract)
Plan: AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Plan; Unlimited Talk & Text, 2gb of data(additional data is $10 per gb); $60 per month($66 after tax)

James Feenstra

Re: Cell phone plans...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »

my personal/canadian phone is an iphone 5. Plan consists of unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited voicemail, call display, call forwarding, etc...and 3gb of data shared with my ipad....$106.22/mo after tax with rogers

my us plan is a galaxy s4 that i have no idea what the verizon plan is because it's paid for by my company
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »

I have 2 <not> smart phones. Me and the wife.
100 minutes shared, no data, no text, no features.
Mine's an LG flip something, and the wife's is a Nokia something or other.
In a usual month, we use between 5 and 15 minutes...... total.
$55.something CDN a month is the ransom I pay to Rogers for both phones.
.... and no, even though I am quite fluent in computer, I don't own a digital mixer, either !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:18:33 PM by Chris Hindle »
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »

I have 2 <not> smart phones. Me and the wife.
100 minutes shared, no data, no text, no features.
Mine's an LG flip something, and the wife's is a Nokia something or other.
In a usual month, we use between 5 and 15 minutes...... total.
$55.something CDN a month is the ransom I pay to Rogers for both phones.
.... and no, even though I am quite fluent in computer, I don't own a digital mixer, either !

That sounds like the plan and phones we had when I was on my parent's plan in High School (Class of 2007) during my junior/senior year(I didn't have a phone before I started driving).  ;D I couldn't see myself going back now... I'll gladly pay for my smartphone as it's too convenient not to have.

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »

AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Plan; Unlimited Talk & Text, 2gb of data(additional data is $10 per gb); $60 per month($66 after tax)
Hmmm...I also have AT&T as my service provider.  Everything's the same except I have 450 rollover minutes and I pay about $40 more than you.  Time to go change my plan.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:55 PM »

Hmmm...I also have AT&T as my service provider.  Everything's the same except I have 450 rollover minutes and I pay about $40 more than you.  Time to go change my plan.

A serious difference compared to here in Northern Ireland...im on the O2 network, using a Samsung Galaxy mini which I bought a few years ago off contract. I get unlimited anytime, any network mins (basically all landlines and mobiles throughtout UK, inc Voicemail), 1GB of data, and unlimited texts for £20/month! about $33/month
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »

2 iPhones. 850 anytime, unlimited night and weekends (which might tell you how old the plan is - circa 2005). Unlimited text and data. $145 a month us.  AT&T

Mark Olsen

• Canberra, Australia
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »

Here in Australia we seem to pay a bit more. I get $350 dollars of calls and 1.5G of data and an iPhone 5S on a 24 month contract for $55 dollars a month. That's with Virgin Mobile Australia.  I do get unlimited free calls as long as I stay within the virgin network, and luckily nearly everyone I talk to is on virgin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

my personal/canadian phone is an iphone 5. Plan consists of unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited voicemail, call display, call forwarding, etc...and 3gb of data shared with my ipad....$106.22/mo after tax with rogers
Hmmm...I think I need to have a conversation with Rogers. I've the same plan...and paying about $40 more than you. 6GB data, though, but I got that part when the iPhone first came out here ($20/mo promotion). Of course, I got that plan 6 years ago, when my bill on the old plan broke $350/mo. I imagine there's better options now.

James Wright

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »

My plan in the UK on T-mobile gives me 2000 minutes to any network, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £27 / month ($44).

Brought my iPhone 5 second hand, so sim only plan.

Interestingly the cost for roaming EU calls, texts and data has recently dropped significantly which has reduced my actually monthly bill by a huge amount.

James Feenstra

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 08:46:52 AM »

Hmmm...I think I need to have a conversation with Rogers. I've the same plan...and paying about $40 more than you. 6GB data, though, but I got that part when the iPhone first came out here ($20/mo promotion). Of course, I got that plan 6 years ago, when my bill on the old plan broke $350/mo. I imagine there's better options now.
I've been a rogers customer for nearly 9 years...and had many a long conversation with them regarding my plan. I technically only pay for 1gb of data, and they wave the shared access charge ($12) because I've complained about my services so much.

They don't like me :)

Oh, and that price includes the (ridiculous) $2 charge for paper billing, because I keep paper receipts for everything for tax purposes.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »

I have the best deal.  No phone, £0 per month and no one calls me when I'm not at home!

Steve.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 05:08:19 PM »

iPhone 4, contract is up so I'll likely get a new 5s one of these days...
I travel a lot so what's most important to me is the cost when NOT in Canada...
Provider: Telus Mobility

1250 minutes Canada-Wide
Free incoming calls
250 minutes/month USA
Unlimited Texts Canada
250 texts/month Worldwide
1gb data/month Canada & USA

$99/month. Before you start calling asking for this plan, it no longer exists, sorry! I've been grandfathered into it.

What ticks me off is that you can't get 3year contracts anymore in Canada. With the 2-year contracts, new phones cost more. You should still have the option of a 3year contract if you want a bigger discount on the phones.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

James Feenstra

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 11:48:57 AM »

What ticks me off is that you can't get 3year contracts anymore in Canada. With the 2-year contracts, new phones cost more. You should still have the option of a 3year contract if you want a bigger discount on the phones.
Talk to your provider....you can likely get the phone you want for free if you're willing to put in the time to get it

I still have yet to pay for an iphone and I've had a 3, 4 and 5, all within 6 months of release :)
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »

I use my cell very little - smartphone Sony Ericson Xperia unlocked
Consumer cellular - 200 minutes $15/month
Text Data 500 text/500mb - $5.00/month.
Perfect for me and my wife (2 identical plans $40/month)

WiFi - free at free hotspots

Also, full AT&T network.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

Talk to your provider....you can likely get the phone you want for free if you're willing to put in the time to get it

I still have yet to pay for an iphone and I've had a 3, 4 and 5, all within 6 months of release :)
I'd be interested to know how exactly you were able to pull that off... I've been with Telus for about 15 years and they treat me very well, but I have to say, they've never offered me a free iPhone so far.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:49:14 PM by Andrew Broughton »
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »

I'd be interested to know how exactly you were able to pull that off... I've been with Telus for about 15 years and they treat me very well, but I have to say, they've never offered me a free phone so far.

It's standard practice her (UK).  Sign up for a twelve month contract and the phone is free.

Steve.

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »

It's standard practice her (UK).  Sign up for a twelve month contract and the phone is free.

Steve.

But they're adding 20-25 USD per month to your bill to cover it over the two year period, right?

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 02:05:14 AM »

But they're adding 20-25 USD per month to your bill to cover it over the two year period, right?

That's about the difference between my no contract AT&T plan and their similar 2 year contract with discounted phone plans. If rather spend ~$300 buying a Google Nexus phone unlocked and save the money each month. Not to mention if I travel over seas I can pickup a local SIM card and use it no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

James Feenstra

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »

I'd be interested to know how exactly you were able to pull that off... I've been with Telus for about 15 years and they treat me very well, but I have to say, they've never offered me a free iPhone so far.
several hours on the phone with the complaint department manager....:)

Technically I paid for the upgrade cost of the phone and they credited me like $20-25/month for my contract...
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.